or Connect

Posts by kitchensqueen

Just me eating since Little Man is in bed and husband is at work. So I'm making sausage, white bean and kale pasta. But I have to quick cook the beans from dried, so it's taking forever...
 Soy wax is probably my favorite, and it's super easy to use. You can buy it in a tub of flakes, that melt up really evenly and quickly. It has a nice set and takes scent well. I save nice glass canisters from condiments and such (Better Than Bouillion jars are my favorite - at this point, there's no way that I make enough home made stock to cover our needs so I buy it to supplement).   Only the basics, and mostly square things. Potholders and scarves mostly. I'd like to...
 Hm, I'll have to look for one of those. I don't think I've ever seen one of those.   I hate it too, so I was excited to find two pairs! Today, not so much. So far, just played with Little Man a bit and got dinner started. 
 This mystifies me. How does one de-meat a ham hock? Every time I get one it just cooks into a weird gelatinous meat, with no real meat to speak of. Good flavor in soups, but no meat bits to cut off and add back in. Maybe we just get exceptionally poor quality ham hocks here?  Today was a nice day after work. Work was... work. It could've been worse. Afterwards -  - Stopped at Target. I heard an internet rumor that there were Thomas bedroom accessories on clearance, but...
Leftover ground tacos here - ground turkey, refried beans and Spanish rice. Choice of crunch corn tacos or soft flour ones. With salsa of course. 
 Yep, same here. As a Midwesterner it is completely ingrained in my genes that if you don't provide a laden table and a full glass (with refills!) to every guest, you are a Bad Hostess. And there is almost no worse insult to a Midwesterner than being labeled as a Bad Hostess. It's very akin to being ex-communicated.   Sorry to hear - that's sad! How fortunate that she had someone familiar with her during her last moments, and hopefully that she didn't suffer at the...
Okay, I'm finally back! Now that the holidays are over I have time to think again. Some of the stuff we do -  - Make my own soy candles. - Bake bread and other baked goods. - Vegetable garden every year. - I do a bit of sewing, knitting and crochet. As well as embroidery, but that's more decorative. - Cook from scratch as much as possible. - Brew some of our own beer.  My list of things that I'd like to do is huge - I'll have to come back and answer that part later....
 Just this - elevating helps it not stew and makes it more like rotisserie chicken, with a nice skin. Both ways are good though. 
Pulled out the stovetop smoker tonight for mesquite-smoked chicken. Serving with tater tots, cornbread and green beans. Home made barbecue sauce on the side. 
 Yeah, it kind of is right now. I feel bad complaining, because I should be grateful that I have a steady job with some measure of security, and I can provide fully for my family (we're just getting into the spot where we can start saving my husband's income entirely!), but wow - if I don't let out the frustration somewhere, I might explode.  Today was a bit better - I got those bleeping expense reports done, as well as a few other annoying things off my plate, and the...