or Connect

Posts by purslaine

I have had issues with people leaving food, including wrappers, around.  While we are still a work in progress, interupting what they are doing to make them put their food away has helped.   Yesterday I made my youngest get out of bed to put away a food wrapper she left on the couch.  I have made people get off the computer, tv, etc, to clean up food messes.   Quite frankly, I would focus on one issue at a time so you do not drive yourself insane.   I am not...
Was the other child just diagnosed with pertussis - or is this the later stages of the disease for the child?   Did they do proper tests to ensure it was pertussis?   Did your child play within about 5 feet of the child?   If the disease was in the later stage (less contagious) or your child was not within 5 feet of your child, I might wait to see if pertussis develops and then treat.   The above is according to what I read on google .  Please double check...
Early Autumn - warm enough to walk or bike happily, beautiful colours.   I intensely dislike late autumn, though, the gray, rainy chill of November, with the everything looking so barren…yuck.   I used to like summer the most - but as I am now on my 15th day of temperature in the high 90's I am friggin over it!!!!
Lastly, and totally unrelated to VPD…..   I do question your timing on planning a major vacation or trip.   I have 3 children - with 2 of them I would not have wanted to travel with them as newborns.   baby #1 - did not nurse well until at least 6 weeks, nursed all the time and I was completely sleep deprived.  A vacation would have been do-able, but I doubt I would have enjoyed myself as much as if I had waited   baby#2  - really easy baby.  I could have...
It is thought the chicken pox vaccine is causing a spike in shingles among those who already had chicken pox (which is the vast majority of adolescents and adults)   Once upon a time, people got CP, and then every time they were around CP they experienced an immune response from being near CP.  This immune response helped to keep shingles at bay.   Now, due to the CP vaccine, people are not getting the "immune response" they once had - and shingles is becoming more common...
I would encourage you to read on the effectiveness of DTaP, period, before making any decisions.  At least you have some time to do it!
"Endemic" is nice - but I would want hard stats.  I am sure they are available online. Is the pertussis rate higher than Canada's - where it seems the OP is from?   Op, please read post 16 on this thread, where a poster explains and cites where she got the information that the first DTaP shot was a primer of sorts and offers little protection from...
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/world-health-organization-fails-in-its-effort-to-defend-mercury-in-vaccines-before-united-nations-2012-07-12     "WHO made its disclosure before the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) where it met unprecedented resistance to its defense of the use of neurotoxic mercury in vaccines. "This is a huge development," says CoMeD's Vice President, David Geier, while speaking at UNEP's INC4 meeting."        
Check out the likelihood of pertussis in the south of France and then decide.   I have heard the first DTaP shot is sort of a primer - and offers little in the way of protection.  You might need to wait to 4 months if you want baby to have any sort of coverage.   Can you get the DTaP in France?   The diptheria and tetanus would not worry me at all.   I am non-vax.  There are places I would not bring an unvaxxed newborn - France is not among them.