or Connect

Posts by purslaine

It seems pretty evenly split.   There are pro-vaxxers who want a pro-vax board in the spirit of fairness and welcomeness to those who have made the informed decision to vax, a place to discuss pro-vax issues without having to hear from the rest of us, etc.   Then there are pro-vaxxers who think debate is the reason for being here, and that there would not be much to say on a pro-vax forum.  I suspect some do not like the non-vax forum for a bunch of reasons - but one...
Agreed.  I think there is a lot of judgment being made against a woman who was doing the best she could with the information she had at the time.   I agree with imakcerka on empathy over being right, but it applies to this situation as well.   Imagine finding yourself pregnant.....   Now imagine the doctors telling you that you probably have this disease (although pregnancy can give false negatives) and that you should go on this brand new drug that has not been tested...
I don't want it to show when I am online…how do I do that?   I am pretty sure there is a box i can click or unclick somewhere…..
Well, let see…..   Many pro-vaxxer have defended potentially giving thimerosal to pregnant women vis a vis the flu shot, which crosses the placenta….   What's the difference?
Most VPD's are very rare.  Check the numbers.   The only time my daughter has ever gotten a chest infection from a VPD was the flu.     So, yeah, 60 cases on average in the USA of measles (probably 6 in Canada as we are 1/10 your population) does not overly concern me.     There's my risk assessment for you.
  Bolding mine.   First I want your kids to drop dead and now I think society would be better off if kids like yours did not exist (hmmm…despite having one kid like yours?)        sometimes one smilie just won't do it.
This study shows 8.8 percent of women test low for rubella titres.     Interestingly, younger women were more likely to test low than older women.  I do wonder if that is because younger women were more likely to be vaxxed, while older women are more likely to have had the disease?   http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2770316/   "Of 159,046 prenatal specimens, 88.3% (n=140,473) were screened for rubella immunity. In total, 8.8% of specimens tested negative for...
I have no issues with kids who are at risk from MMR getting a vaccine, if their parents and doctor think it is warranted.   I do think mumps and rubella should be diseases one has in childhood - mostly for the life-long immunity.  There has been an upswing in mumps cases in colleges recently and many women go to their first prenatal appointment to find out their titres for rubella are low.  For me, it makes more sense for most of the population to get these VPDs in...