or Connect

Posts by purslaine

MDC has a fairly long history of questioning mainstream parental choice and mainstream health choice as they affect mothers and children.  I am not sure why AIDS/HIV should be exempt from this    I also think people need to keep in mind when the Mothering articles on HIV/AIDs and pregnancy were written - it was the late 90's.  Mothers were being told they had HIV and in the next breath being told they had to go on AZT, which, according to a quick google search I just did,...
OT a little - but there is some research that shows children with regressive autism have larger brains from a very young age: http://www.babycenter.com/204_head-size-tied-to-regressive-autism-in-boys_10360190.bc   I first learned about head size and autism a number of years ago and wondered if it could not be used as a screening tool (given the importance of early detection):   Another...
Many kids do not show autism signs until after 12 months.   Many children develop fairly normally - then regress.  This study puts it at 20-40% who develop fairly normally then regress.  In my family of origin, I have one nephew who showed some autistic tendencies from birth and one who absolutely did not.    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2004/12/041203100809.htm   I tend to think the rate of regressive autism is higher than 40%, but that is a hunch.
My suspicion is they dislike corner stores as they think such stores attract the sort of people who can only afford disposable diapers in individual quantities.  It might be a class/gentrification things.   No flames, I am just saying what I suspect they think.  I have no issues with corner stores or people who can only afford diapers sold individually (other than wishing they were not in such dire straits) 
I have one of these.   
My weight.  I am mostly there and have decent body image despite my girth.  I do have twinges of guilt that I will not be around for as long as I want due to carrying excess weight.   My messy house.  It has caused a lot of stress over the years.  It is incrementally getting better, but I have a lot of baggage around it.   My husband.  I love him, I am not leaving him…but his attitude can drive me a little bonkers.  He is uptight and more negative than I.  He...
That is what I was thinking.   I have one child that would get upset that we even thought we had to remind her not to throw a fit.  It does seem a bit like chastising ahead of time!  some kids do not respond well to catch-phrases…..   None-the-less, I would have no issues with "you get what you get and don't throw a fit" in some circumstances.     I have never heard the phrase before this thread.
Fencing is very expensive.  I would start with a big "no tresspassing sign."   I would also send him a politely worded letter on how you are trying to avoid chemicals on your property - and how if he has issues with the way your lawn is kept he can come talk to you or he can call town hall.  In all probability - he does not have a leg to stand on bylaw wise (but do check it out first).  Once he realises that you are not breaking any laws with your lawn - but that he...
  I am sure it was messy for you…but it makes a good read!