or Connect

Posts by contactmaya

Yes, i find the term 'strays' demeaning. (as well as the term 'chunk of them') Admittedly, it makes it harder to manage proper interactions with them because their 'big person' isnt there to talk to you, but that doesnt mean these children deserved to be demeaned, compared to dogs, or considered inferior. I see from you above post that there are additional difficulties because their parents are invisible for some reason, but that still isnt a reason to be so dismissive of...
Could you limit it to 2-3 days a week, days of your choice, for eg. leave a sign on the door- 'You are welcome on Tuesdays and Thursdays'.... then the other days are yours only so to speak.  I have designated playdate days, and i find it easier to organize.   If they want to come in on other days, say, "You can come back on Thursday, today isnt good for us..."....
You might be surprised to know that it is not a legal requirement for a woman to cover her chest in New York State.  I dont know about other states or countries. You may be  surprised. The law in any case, would not necessarily apply to a child. I believe in getting my facts right when explaining these things to kids.When it comes to underaged children running naked in sprinklers, it turns out there is no law at all. I researched it once when harassed by a playground...
Hi, just wondering why he did speech and how did you perceive that was related to his adhd? 2nd, adhd comes in so many shapes and sizes that you cannot lump them all together as if it were the same thing. My son, for eg, sounds completely different from yours. He is a pleasure to parent. His problems are at school. Just wanted to mention that.
This would have the be the weirdest, silliest and grossest argument in favor of telling children white lies i have ever had the displeasure to read..What child would even do that? I wouldnt cover up my daughter more than my son for reasons of sexual predators. Im with her after all. And clothing wont  change the predator,  anymore for children than for adults. Teach her(and him) about bodily autonomy, teach them that  its their body, and they  can say no. Teach them  to...
Yes, you need everything official for a 504 plan, but i didnt see anything in the original post to suggest that that is necessary at this point.
I agree there is a spectrum. But it is wrong for anyone to assume that a person is  has their child on a gluten free diet for trivial reasons.  Adults can experiment with diets, and some might choose to go gluten free for what may appear to be trivial reasons. The difference is, they dont require a doctors slip to eat what they choose. I see that you did not intend to be dismissive.
Gluten sensitivity cant be diagnosed by a doctor, it requires an elimination diet, which does not require a doctors prescription, and a doctor isnt trained in this area. I am only relating my experience, where a  doctors dx wasnt required. My own dx is enough. It is not a life and death situation, but as i said in my post, let the teachers suffer the consequences of feeding my child gluten.(read symptoms of gluten contamination in my above post) There is a reason he is...
I find people more and more accommodating  because there is more an more information. 3 children in my sons class of 12 are gluten sensitive, with two celiac moms.  If its a fad, then its a great fad. I attribute it more to increased information and awareness of the true damage gluten can wreak. s for birthday parties,  i just let the host know, and provide an alternative snack for my child. My son is very good at saying 'no thankyou'. More and more, the party is gluten...