or Connect

Posts by contactmaya

I agree there is a spectrum. But it is wrong for anyone to assume that a person is  has their child on a gluten free diet for trivial reasons.  Adults can experiment with diets, and some might choose to go gluten free for what may appear to be trivial reasons. The difference is, they dont require a doctors slip to eat what they choose. I see that you did not intend to be dismissive.
Gluten sensitivity cant be diagnosed by a doctor, it requires an elimination diet, which does not require a doctors prescription, and a doctor isnt trained in this area. I am only relating my experience, where a  doctors dx wasnt required. My own dx is enough. It is not a life and death situation, but as i said in my post, let the teachers suffer the consequences of feeding my child gluten.(read symptoms of gluten contamination in my above post) There is a reason he is...
I find people more and more accommodating  because there is more an more information. 3 children in my sons class of 12 are gluten sensitive, with two celiac moms.  If its a fad, then its a great fad. I attribute it more to increased information and awareness of the true damage gluten can wreak. s for birthday parties,  i just let the host know, and provide an alternative snack for my child. My son is very good at saying 'no thankyou'. More and more, the party is gluten...
Thanks for your answers.   To be specific, it was the nepsy-ii, Inhibition. 95% on the naming aspect, 75th% in inhibition aspect, 37th% in switching (stopped doing the last task, claiming it was boring) I read that an overall result for these tests is  misleading, and that each subtest should be taken on its own merit. Tester claims that his attention wavered as tasks went on, but nonetheless, he performed  very well, and quite well in the first two tests respectively...
I just tell the teachers my son is gluten sensitive, and cannot consume gluten. I recently had to update his school profile where it says 'any allergies', where i wrote, he is wheat, corn and oat sensitive. Even though he isnt allergic, he is 'sensitive' they said it didnt matter. I didnt need a docs  note, and you can bet that if i did, i would make a big fuss..... ....no,...come to think of it,  i would just let them see what gluten does to him and they can handle it....
I would say at that point she did need it.   Its better than cows milk or whatever else she might  have been eating. Its perfect food for growing bodies, complete with probiotics and antibodies.  I cant imagine having my 2yo wean, she still greatly benefits from breastmilk.I dont know, i dont see the point in substituting other foods when a child is asking for  mommy milk, unless there is a very compelling reason...i just dont get it.
The NEPSY-ii is a series of tests for executive function. Does anyone have any experience with this? Im wondering how several highly divergent scores on subtests can be interpreted.
My ds1 was still nursing at 4, but seriously, it was only 2-3 a week. It was practically nothing. He may have continued to nurse until the day before his 5th birthday, but in all that time, it was less and less often.  I never refused, but he simply asked less and less. He  rarely nursed to sleep. Sometimes, but not often, he liked to nurse after preschool.
Sassy susan, i am so sorry for your loss.