or Connect

Posts by contactmaya

I  find those kind of comments stupid, as if a baby boy isnt supposed to be attached to his mother because hes a boy. If its a girl on the other hand, thats normal. Why? Because only girls are capable of attachment and boys are not? Or boys are supposed to be out doing manly things with Dad at the tender  of 2 1/2 ? Maybe playing football?    Occasionally ive had a stranger make a comment like that, and i just sort of nod politely and say nothing. If it was my mother, or...
Thanks. But i noticed noone's responding. The comments on the article on Huff Post died an early death too. The debate from those comments centered around whether or not motherhood is a role or a purpose. Personally, i would love to hear more about how to make sense of  parenting as is constantly evolves, moving from one child to 2 or more, older children, school and its impact on parenting, etc etc.....and then what to make of the teenage years....its a big subject i guess.
Breastmilk comes with  its own lactase and probiotics that make  its nutrients, lactose included, bioavailable. That is one of the main reasons it is superior to formula or cows milk. It doesnt matter whether or not the child is 5-7yrs or 5-7mths, the moms milk doesnt suddenly not have anymore lactase.   The same is true for raw cows milk, which is why it is superior to pasteurized cows milk.   Your post reminds  me of a nurse who advised me not to nurse my toddler who...
This article is about looking back on motherhood (among other things)   What do you think?       http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristin-armstrong/the-dollhouse-years_b_4966296.html
No, i dont run.
I have to say it was bitter sweet when i finally got my period this time. Breastfeeding is  basically a temporary menopause., so when youre the age where menopause becomes relevant,  it means a  whole lot more when youre period isnt coming back. I knew one woman who simply never got another period full stop.The other thing is, i have gotten to know my body, and its weird to no longer have a period, when for the last 30 years its been who i am.... Im quite happy to have my...
I was partly joking by saying i 'conceived easily at 44', because  that came after  not conceiving at all for 13mths of ttc prior to that. I believe i benefited from supplements i had been taking but had given up on, namely, dhea, evening promrose oil, coq10, vit b6. (and probably others i dont recall)   Its also possible that all along i had been fertile, but the guy (my donor, as i am single) was not. I had changed  donors  for two mths ttc because he wasnt available....
it sounds like a difficult situation. I wish i could advise you better. Leaving a child with strangers on a regular basis  would set off my alarm bells. I wonder  if that too is a cultural thing...
Before calling the CPS because you think you know better, read this thread, and many of its links. Calling the CPS  could easily do more harm to this family,  than not having a child evaluated at this time.   http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1397976/cps-whistleblower-video/40#post_17585435   If there are real issues that need to be addressed, they are sure to surface as the child gets older and enters school. Then the school will press for an evaluation. I think at...
Look, ive tried both the apple and the banana, now they wont eat them because they are so sick of them! As for the yoghurt, i admit i wouldnt go to th trouble of bringing a syringe, i dont bring yoghurt out as a rule because we buy it in large containers. When at home, i dilute any sweetened yoghurt, which we dont usually get, with plain yoghurt. I find it way too sweet personally. The apple, the banana, how about raw carrots? Now my kids wont eat them either. But they are...