or Connect

Posts by contactmaya

Well, all i can say is, i will be calling the police, not the CPS, if ever i suspected abuse in my own kids. Thanks Gd for this thread, because i would not have known that. Also, it looks like being a single mother might just be to my advantage....
So funny! This thread caught my eye, and i was going to respond and say-i posted something similar a few years ago let me go dig up that thread!   This is that  thread!   I had just turned 43 when i started this thread,  and went on to try for 14 cycles, all BFN's, until the last, i was 44, and went on to give birth a week before my 45th birthday.   So no, i did not conceive easily at 43, but i did conceive easily when turning 44 :-)  My beautiful baby was born at...
This is so true!!
Sigh, the more I look into CPS, the more  depressed (and appalled) I become. I actually feel traumatized just reading about it, and have  avoided this thread for the last few days. However, I  am posting some more information I have come across below. Just don’t open your door people!         http://www.examiner.com/article/new-york-state-central-register-on-child-abuse-and-neglect-seriously-flawed   <<. New York State, in deed all states, also maintains a child...
I havent caught up with this thread which no doubt contains alot of useful tips and insights. But it struck me, that i dont recall how my parents treated this issue with me. The only thing i know for sure, is that as an older child/adolesecent/young woman, i never washed my vulva with soap, or really at all.  I  never felt the need to. I had a shower, and used soap  all over, but not there. It would have irritated me and i didnt feel the need to.   I only started using...
Thanks for your helpful post.
 I agree with that. I guess it wasnt clear in the article whether the mothers knew each other.It is a lack of social skills  to offer information where it wasnt asked for,  and it takes very refined social skills to manage that same task diplomatically/or rather, in a way that doesnt sound judgmental.Sometimes i  wish someone had  been less worried about sounding judgmental, and had been able to pass information onto me that would have benefitted me.
Actually, i didnt see much judgment in the article at all. In the first example, a mother was telling the other how much sugar was in the yoghurt. Maybe the first mother hadnt noticed that. Personally, ive noticed some organic proucts have more sugar in them than their non organic  counterparts. As for the 1st mother, all she did as explain that she 'watered down' the sugar content. I actually do this alot. Whats wrong with explaining that to  someone? I dont see this as...
Im quoting from the above website again, because it is truly so interesting and informative-   Quote   -The attorneys assigned to these cases know that their clients are among the most powerless and voiceless in society; poor women who are caught in the most dire circumstances. Right from the start, most of these attorneys can't even begin to imagine the kinds of circumstances their clients are going through. Nor are they likely to dig into the situation sufficiently...
Something else to consider- i actually saw a case this this on mothering, where a mother was asking for help.   (ps.i hope passing on this info is helpful. I really didnt intend to do posting all of this, but theres alot out there that we should know about)   Quote   The Situation as it Usually Unfolds In brief, the particular problem we cover usually unfolds like this. A mother herself seeks help from CPS or becomes involved with CPS through someone else's report...