or Connect

Posts by kellid

Quote: Originally Posted by an_aurora I agree to get a Turbo. They are a bit lacking in SIP but they position the belt great. BTW, the top adjustment on the 3-in-1 seats is NOT usable with the harness. Most average-height kids outgrow the harness by 2.5-3 years of age i have no idea what you mean by that? the top adjustment is not usable. i have never heard that........it doesn't say that. could you please elaborate?
Quote: Originally Posted by chickabiddy An average-height 4yo actually probably outgrew that seat some time ago: a seat is outgrown by height when the shoulders are above the top strap slots, and in most Alpha Omega seats, the top headrest/strap setting is for booster use only. If you intend to pass this seat down, you should be aware of this. He does meet the minimum recommendations to use a highbacked booster. The Graco Turbobooster and Recaro...
Quote: Originally Posted by DahliaRW AO is the alpha omega, the 3 in 1 carseat you most likely have. It usually does not position the seatbelt low enough on the hips and such. A dedicated booster usually does a much better job. I would recommend keeping him harnessed in a new seat if at all possible. i have the turbo booster. at least until i can try to raise the funds for a $300 car seat........oye!
Quote: Originally Posted by chickabiddy How old and how tall is he now? he is 4yo..5 on may 8th, and i don't know how tall he is? average .
Quote: Originally Posted by DahliaRW No, he cannot stay harnessed past the weight limit. It is not crash tested that way and it could fail in an accident. But, there are other seats that will keep him harnessed past 40 lbs. The one that will last you the longest is the Graco Nautilus or Britax Frontier and both convert to good boosters. If you decide to booster him, I would NOT use the AO as a booster. It makes a lousy booster. Go buy a $45...
Quote: Originally Posted by chickabiddy The harness is only tested to 40 pounds. You must take him out. He cannot use a harness past the stated limit because it might not hold the child in a crash. ahaa....that answers my question then. thank you! please answer this dillema for me then, if you can. this carseat converts to a booster too, which is what i need to put him in. are any boosters safer than others, or are they just boosters? ...
i have a safety first alpaha omega (3 in 1) for my boys. the description says *from birth through toddler for a child between 19 and 52 inches in height *in the rear-facing position for a child weighing between 5-35 pounds *in the forward-facing position for a child weighing between 22-40 pounds *as a belt positioning booster seat for a child weighing between 40-100 pounds my question is my boy is 40 pounds and i would prefer not take him out of the 5...
ok; i am just going to make a list of things that need to be done. we just moved in, so finding new homes for everything.......well, you know. anyone who has ever moved knows. areas that need to be created or sorted......... *docking station landing pad for entry way *outdoor winter wear landing *electronics, computer, printer files, officie stuff *toy room *a place for linens *sort toiletries/medicine/bathroom stuff close *laundry area we'll see what...
i've posted this in another forum, but i guess i really could get good feedback here. i have 3 kids. 16mo girl and 2 boys; almost 3 and almost 5. i have been having a rough time. i really need to find a rhythm to my day that is productive. the baby wants to be held alot, and i do sling her; but for me.......i can't sling her for more than an hour at a time, while doing stuff. and even then what takes me an hour would only take me 15 minutes hands free. i love...
where do you start? i think all the reasons for not spanking are right on, but then what? if you don't spank what do you do? i was raised in a spanking family and i don't want my children to spank there children, but i can't teach them appropriate ways to discipline, because i don't know myself. again, where do you start? thanks for any advice.