or Connect

Posts by PhoenixMommaToTwo

I think the myth you're thinking about or heard was that the pig would lift it's snout during a rainfall and drown itself. The theory was that the pig was so stupid it wouldn't know not to do that. And I've heard that in reference to turkeys, as well. From what I know and we haven't had pigs, yet. It's not true. Pigs are actually fairly smart animals.
My mil is my friend on fb. I know, stupid, right? Well, we are an atheist family and pretty liberal minded. I try to avoid political/religious posts unless I'm asking for a debate. Yesterday, I posted something about planned parenthood and the vendettat against them (I'm not looking for a debate here, just some advice). So, she retaliates by posting anti-planned parenthood propaganda all day. And today, she's posting things about how the earthquake in Japan was "God's...
I have the pandigital reader, which is the "generic" nook. I love it! It has wi-fi and all of those features and is super user friendly. It has a backlight and it also has a night mode for reading. The only drawback is the battery doesn't last as long as say, the Kindle. But, it's awesome not having to drag books with me everywhere.
I am seriously suprised by these replies! We cuss, around our kids, in public. Well, everywhere. It's just the way it is. It's not your place to censor an adult having an adult conversation. If you don't like listening to it, move. Or explain to your children why those words are not okay for them to use or for your family. It is certainly not the government's place to censor what we say! Hence, freedom of speech. That is seriously unconstitutional and wrong and frankly,...
Nobody really has a relationship with him. He is constantly trying to push her away from her family. There is a lot of history here, believe me. Her losing the baby is only a small picture. And my dh had proof of one of the affairs and he told her about it, which has led to them not speaking in over, well, eight or nine years now. It's a seriously complicated situation. They have been married for 11 years, I believe. And throughout he's lied to her, even about the...
Within our family, my dh's side is very emotionally manipulative and toxic. There have been times when we have cut contact. Dd is the closest to them, she's 8 and this last time, we told her the truth. That they were not treating our family the way it should be treated and because of that, we're not talking to them. We explained to her that while we still loved them, we were doing it from a distance. I think that it's all dependent on the situation. If the behavior is...
Thank you all for your patient replies. I was afraid of posting at first, actually. But, I didn't like the way I was starting to think about my sil and I needed a new perspective. I don't like feeling the way I was feeling. I try my best to be there for people when they need it. I was getting too far into the drama and not looking at the situation for what it was. Thank you for looking at it with fresh eyes. I appreciate it.
No. I should have been clearer in my first post. My thoughts were all over the place.   See? That's part of my frustration. I've always been a big believer in helping yourself. You don't wait for others to do it for you. And I just don't understand her process, I guess. I may be expecting more than she's ready for though.  
Thank you for sharing. Really. Like I said, it's easy to judge from the outside in. And I would never tell anyone that suffered such a loss that they were wrong. Even if I feel it sometimes. I just have a really hard time with the kids suffering so much. And really, they don't have anyone help them right now. And I know that what she went through is going to change her. And I realize that her parenting will be different. I don't know. I really did need some perspective....
Thank you for the replies. I re-read my post. I did sound heartless. Let me explain, while I may judge her decisions from a distance, I would never foist my opinions on her while she's in the middle of this. I know that the family was less than supportive while she was pregnant, but once she found out that she would more than likely lose the baby, everyone rallied. My mil was there for her when it happened and we all were trying to be there in some other form (phone...