or Connect

Posts by PhoenixMommaToTwo

My sister-in-law lost a baby a few months ago. It was a really hard situation for her and her family. She was told after she lost the baby that it was because of a genetic condition and the condition could affect another pregnancy. She has four healthy kids. And she's pretty much overwhelmed already. Because of this, no one was really that supportive of the pregnancy in the first place and the fact that she had no prenatal care until about seven months in. We've tried to...
Awesome! Thanks for all the ideas. I've looked into Calvert, but it's so expensive! And k12, but they don't have a free program in our area and really, I'd like more freedom, if that makes sense. I still want to stick to what they want to learn, but I want more of a guide for me. Dd is doing great, her reading skills are awesome, her math skills great, but her spelling and writing need work. Ds, I haven't even started with. He's so easily frustrated and then he calls...
Thanks for the responses. Sorry, I forgot to include my kids ages, they are 5 and 8. So we're looking at kindergarten and second grade area. I looked at time4learning.com and I thought about that. It's relatively inexpensive and has some structure. Has anyone used it?
So, we've been homeschooling for a couple of years now and so far I've taken the unschooling approach. BUT, it's not really working for me. I find myself becoming lax when it comes to teaching. I need some sort of curriculum. Something low cost and something secular. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I don't think those posts are the ones that the OP is talking about. I think it's the annoying ones only looking for attention. And I wouldn't say that you always have to be postitive. Facebook can be a good venting place. A place to share your thoughts with your friends and family. Don't be so hard on yourself. Being a stay at home parent is overwhelming sometimes and super lonely. You need an outlet sometimes.  
I have a friend who is a master at the cryptic attention seeking comments. Drives me nuts!! She had a baby a few months ago and when she was pregnant it was all about "having problems", "not feeling good", "can't wait to not be pregnant". Which, I've been there. But, not every, single, darn, day! And she's a CNA, which requires her to be on her feet for long hours and instead of actually being on bed rest (like the dr. said), she worked every day! It gets really old,...
I have mixed feelings on the subject. We had an outdoor kitty for awhile (we tried her indoor only, but she would potty everywhere) and she did okay. We built her a little kitty house and she came and went. I eventually found her a home as a barn cat, though and she is doing really well there. We have four cats now (my outdoor cat's last litter) and they are exclusively indoor cats. Sometimes I would like them to be out though. I guess as PP's said, it depends on the...
Thank you for the understanding, all. It was a very difficult decision. One that took months longer than it should have, really. He was starting to get more and more aggressive. I'm just glad that I finally made the final decision before something happened to one of my kids.
Thank you for your kind reply. Yes, we had done what we could. And I didn't feel right re-homing him knowing that he had aggression issues. That would be on my shoulders if he attacked someone.
I really don't want to get flamed for this, I'm just kind of looking for support. We had to put my dog down today, because of his behavioral issues. He has always been a high strung dog and he snapped at my son the other day. It wasn't the first time and it was pretty serious. He didn't even growl, he just reached out to bite. He's attacked two of my ducks and he just doesn't behave. We've had him since he was 4 weeks old (which could have been some of his issues). So,...