or Connect

Posts by ColoradoKat

My dd turns one on Halloween and here is what I included with the invitations to her party: In lieu of toys, help build Neva's library! Please bring a favorite children's book with a message to Neva written inside so she will always know it's from you! Also, bring a new or used book or DVD to the party, these will be donated to the Public Library children's department. Thanks! Can't wait to celebrate with you!! I did this specifically to...
My dd's first birthday is Halloween! FUN! She is going to be a pink octopus, and I plan on decorating her stroller with balloons and streamers! Our town has what they call Munchkin Masquerade on our pedestrian mall, where all the stores pass out candy. We'll skip the candy, ok, maybe a little for me, and just enjoy the activity with friends!
Growing up my parents had this Happy Birthday banner that they put up every year for my whole birth month of October! I loved it, when I went to college they sent it to me in the mail. So I ordered this custom banner from Etsy.com and I can't wait to start our tradition with the banner.
Can someone please send me the link to the list? I can't find it. Are you talking about those sets of 3 soft blocks with the green frog that vibrates? Thanks!!
Quote: Originally Posted by swampwitch How do you get your kids to stay seated in their high chairs? We have an antique wooden highchair with no strap and DS is always trying to stand and/or climb out of it. Also, do your dc sit still to be read to? Neva has 2 high chairs this one is on our kitchen bar and I use it when she is eating and I need to get kitchen stuff done. I also take it everywhere with us, to friends and to travel. It is...
Yes, yes, yes! We LOVE this one: http://www.childrensneeds.com/enviro..._lambskin.html We have used it since dd was born. I never worried about suffocation because it totally breathes. I machined washed it the other day because she puked on it, and it came totally clean. I will never be with out one and I love that this one does not use chemicals to treat it. My dd had such an easy transition from our bed to hers and I think this is the reason. Good luck! I...
Quote: Originally Posted by swampwitch Am I alone in not paying for professional pics yet? NOPE! You are not alone here, and my MIL reminds me of it often. She still has every photo of my dh on the wall of their house and she took him in every 6 months for 8 years!!!!!! He is all dolled up in white leather shoes, baby blue overalls and the funniest dutch boy hair cut ever!! My dh doesn't really bug me about not being in to studio photos, but...
I have gotten sick 3x including one stomach flu and dd never got sick at all. There were nights I was breastfeeding her and just hacking and hacking, she was fine. I say, wash your hands a lot, don't kiss all over your babe, but in the end every babies immune system is different, so think good healthy thoughts for your babe and get well soon!
I am applying for new health insurance for my 11 month, non-vaxed dd. They called me and asked me 3 questions, one was is she current on her vaccinations, I said we are choosing not to vax. The other was is she current on her well baby visits? I said no, our doctor does not require well baby visits. NOw I am nervous they will not accept her application. Do any of you have experience in what her rights are to get health insurance? We were applying for Humana. THanks!!
Oh my gwynthfair! That must have been so scary!!! I am so glad your little one is ok. We too just had a MAJOR scare. I was at a friends and Neva bumped her head (which she does like 20 times a day), but anyway.... I picked her up....she did that first loud scream....then the big inhale....waiting for the next big scream... waiting.. waiting... she arches her back away from me... then her eyes roll back in her head, and she passes out! I mean, dead weight in...