or Connect

Posts by josh&davesmomme

I purchased my foam at our local craft store, I've also heard of using books or bed risers under the legs of the crib to give it a lift. or a folded adult blanket/ comforter under the crib mattress to raise it up. when my 3rd ds was little I took a folded baby quilt under the head end of his crib mattres ( side-carred) to raise him a little for reflux and it seemed fine for us. As for where the pool noodle and mattress meet and there's a dip...I think I know what...
our crib was origninally side carred to our bed on the frame, but when we rearranged our room we decided to get rid of the frame we are still able to have the crib side carred with just the box spring and mattress on the floor- our crib has a low enough setting, so *if* you want to keep your mattress/boxspring on the floor you may be able to -check your crib's settings
we use our crib with the side taken off like this http://www.freewebs.com/sidecarcrib/index.htm (step by step instructions and pics) Since I made this website we have moved our mattress and box spring onto the floor for the same reason- a very low cieling, our oldest son was attempting to jump on our bed and shattered the floresant light bulb with his head- that was a disaster! Anyway,Our crib's lowest setting goes low enough to match up evenly with our mattress....
My oldest ds CLW at 4 yrs 3 1/2 mos My second ds is still nursing at 4 yrs 1 mo. he seems to be slowing, just like his older brother did, he generally only nurses in the morning and at bedtime, somedays he'll skip nursing altogether and some days he'll want more but I see the general pattern his brother took. My "baby" is going strong at 17 months
I suggest a king sized bed not a queen if you have the space and a sidecar if needed- i see someone already linked to my site it was incredibly easy to set it up, I set it up by myself when I was 8 months pregnant, big belly and all!
thank you I'll check that out
Quote: Originally Posted by Sweet Peak I am new to all of this, but just wanted to offer a big hug. I am a first time mama, so I have no clue what to say. My suggestion (as a novice) would be to talk to your pedi if your worried. A mama's instinct is usually right on... I did want to comment on how awesome it is that you donate your BM. Mad props to you mama. Thank you! I plan on talking to our Dr when we go in for his 12 mo check, but a...
Quote: Originally Posted by betsyj If you put him on his tummy does he attempt to "fly"-moving all his limbs off teh ground? Does he try to use his feet to push himself forward on his tummy? When he is sitting does he topple over to try and reach something? Does he cross- sit? Can you put him in a crawl position and can he hold his weight on his arms? Does he prop himself up on his arms on his tummy? Yes sometimes he does the flying thing,...
DS will be a year on may 14th, he seems healthy and VERY happy. At nearly a year old he still does not crawl, pull up to stand or even scoot himself around. He seems very content to just sit and watch what's happening. He will bear his weight if we hold him for balance but makes no attempt to move his feet to take steps. At his 9 mo well baby visit his Dr wasn't concerned saying bigger babies are sometimes slower to move ( he's about 25 lbs) also he's still almost...
Quote: Originally Posted by AuntieLiz For families who side-car: * Do you like the side-car? Why or why not? I love our sidecar arrangement! It gives us extra space and when our babies were tiny it was where they could have their own space clear of their daddy who has a sleep disorder- now that baby is bigger there's not much of a concern but the extra space is still wonderful! Quote: * What size crib do you use? Best advice...