or Connect

Posts by SJane01

my DS has only ever been harassed because of being very late into puberty. Having had to shower since the 7th grade, he's never been picked on when he was intact.
The only thing I do not agree with on the issue, is the age of 18 being the 'golden' age. While I no longer believe that a 12 year old can make up their own mind on this decision, I think with the help of parents a decision can be made between 10 and 13, so while I would definitely vote for the bill, I'd like to see that age lowered to somewhere between 10-13. Our DS was circed when he was 12, and he's been VERY happy since, even though we are pro-intact there was...
Quote: Originally Posted by chiromamma There is lot of tradition around placentas. My midwife was/is writing a book about it. We see the placenta almost as the first mother to the babe. It's an amazing organ. It's loaded with nutrients so not only is it traditional to bury it under a new plant but many of us eat a bit of the placenta after birth. : It replaces hormones and is said to protect against PPD. I blended mine with V-8 juice..the local midwives...
It's a big event, because he's 15. (Well he turns 15 in a few days) We've been fighting hypothyroidism with him for 2.5 years. He had a yearly checkup this past friday, and the doctor said its finally here. He still complains bitterly about not having pubic hair, but we keep telling him, soon he will have more than enough and he will wish he didnt have any! But he's caught up enough in the past 2 years that he's finally over the magical edge and 'in it' with the first...
In your case, since he's taken all of the saftey classes, etc and has made a serious attempt to me mature about it, I would be OK with it. that said, my DS had a babysitter until he was 13
Personally I think non-coerced sexual exploration of prepubescent children is acceptable, be it 13 or 9 or 6, as long as its within a 'peer' age range. a 13yo and a 5 year old would not be a good thing, a pair of young 12yo's finding out how the ohter person works and they are both consentingly, i think is a good, healthy thing. I remember when i was 12, and just entering puberty I did some show and touch sessions with peer friends, and nothing bad ever happend. one was...
As for children looking at adult genitals? Frankly, why shelter them from something thats completely natural and totally harmless. Is it that you will have to explain what it is and what happens to your body as you grow up that you fear in a case like this?
Quote: Originally Posted by rayo de sol Yes, exactly. Pedophiles flock to places where they can see children naked. (And some might bring their cameras.) Thank you for being brave enough to say this, IdahoMom, even though this is obviously the unpopular opinion on this thread. I would not take any child to a nudist beach. I have no problem with "topless" beaches, but I don't think children should be subjected to looking at adult genitals. I say...
Interesting replies all. Thank you.
Quote: Originally Posted by almostmommy Actually, as an Orthodox Jew, we dress modestly at all times (skirts that cover the knee, stockings, shirts that cover the elbow and collarbone, and married women wear haircoverings). Judaism definitely has doctrines against nudity in public. Only my husband and other females can see me dress immodestly (ie. pajamas, bathing suit...) Then why were baptisms done in the nude? Why did Jesus disrobe at the...