or Connect

Posts by ChristyM26

Goodness, this is early. I'll be thinking good thoughts that you can go as long as possible before having to deliver.
Quote: Originally Posted by Riverbeauty my hospital's policy says they are "strongly discouraged" ... I have support from an attorney if things get too bad. I do think that to be fair, all getting your attorney involved is likely to do is get the hospital to rewrite their policy to say that children's under 12 are not allowed in the hospital. One hospital around here already did that. They're trying to word it nicely. If you think your doctor...
Quote: Originally Posted by erickalynne I went to view that place today and that was around noonish and I was having cramping, like keel over kind. I got home and laid down to rest, drank water, watched tv. He was very active. As the afternoon continued these cramping-tightening-hard to breathe-want to scream-keel over things got stronger and more frequent. I noticed Big Love season 3 on demand, so during a 1 hour episode, I had three of these things, so...
It may depends on your doctor, because I've been told that term is 37 weeks (which is why I'm on injections until 37 weeks, unless something happens before then that requires hospitalization) and my OB's don't really want her born until at least 38 (however, OHP won't help much past 37, apparently or it's never been studied past 37). DS was born at 36 and they were very unhappy about that and my medical record (both OB and hospital - mine and the NICU) state clearly that...
Erika, it sounds like you have a bunch of morons for doctors. Is there anywhere you can go to get an independent second opinion from another peri? The fact that you got 2 completely different measurements in the same day that are almost 2 WEEKS apart is something that would really concern me. Yes, u/s are not exact but the numbers should be closer than that especially since you're talking about IUGR and the difference here means a lot. Because if he's truly at 21+6, he's...
I agree that the idea of u/s improving fetal outcome is silly, since it can't provide very detailed information. What concerns me about the article is that it begins by pointing out that there are toxic chemicals produced by an ultrasound. I don't know enough in detail about how the procedure works, but that sounds like flat out fear mongering (OMG, you're poisoning your baby!) and the fact that they don't actually reference any studies but talk about the fact that they...
They don't mention doppler though, and I thought it was basically the same thing. So, it looks like they're saying u/s are bad but doppler is ok which makes no sense. Either they're both bad or they're both ok. Also, when they reference effectiveness, what are they referring to? Are they suggesting that it's not helpful for dating or for determining gender or both? I agree that false positives are frightening for moms but they're looking at this and basically saying...
Quote: Originally Posted by erickalynne had another u/s he isn't growing. at all. he is active though...woke me up at 3am kicking kicking kicking.... So I am unsure how one is supposed to feel about the not growing part. I am guaranteed a preemie size baby if he makes it, but I feel guilty? I tried finding others who were diagnosed with IUGR...right now she isn't making a diagnosis, still says he could pick up...but when? he is measuring almost 4...
I've gained 12 lbs so far and I was 20w,6d at my appointment Monday. I don't have a scale in my house and don't generally pay to much attention to my weight but I have enough doctor visits that I tend to get a fairly regular estimate of my weight. I gained 60 lbs total with DS and had only lost 50 when I got pregnant this time. My only goal this time is to not gain 60 lbs. So far, I'd say I'm on track for maybe 40 lbs? I know that toward the end (maybe all of 3rd...
We had already given away a lot of DS's baby clothes. Pretty much everything that was 0-3mo was gone. So regardless, we need more clothing. I went through what we had of his older clothes and pulled stuff that was really gn, but especially older months, you can tell it's boys' clothing. I have a twice a year gigantic consignment sale coming up in February. I'm already on the list to consign and I'll be getting a lot of DS's summer wardrobe there. I'll just add his sister's...