or Connect

Posts by Amris

Quote: Originally Posted by koalove im not sure that if you post signs it would get her in trouble. i cant quite see how it would give the cops a lead at all. maybe you could just put a little picture of the baby and a annonomous note saying that the baby is well and loved. mabe with an e mail address? oh and sorry your thread has turned into some personal argument between people who are worried about what to call or not call the women whose bodies...
I threw out more than 110 (maybe even 120) ounces of frozen breastmilk. I am a massive over-producer. I quit pumping for a couple weeks to try to regulate it, I ended up getting mastitis, plugged ducts, and thrush again. Nobody wanted it, and my DD couldn't use it because she's gluten/dairy intolerant and I had been eating wheat and dairy at the time. I finally got tired of people rejecting the milk so I just threw it away. Now I pump and save some of it, throw the...
No, they are microbes that stay in your gut unless you have a leaky gut. Which hopefully you don't. However, you can break the powder, take some water on your nipple, and put the powder on your wet nipple so it sticks. Baby will suck it right off and never notice. My DD will suck on my finger for a minute, though, so I usually just use my finger- but if yours won't, just wet the nipple and dip it in the powder.
Quote: Originally Posted by RootSnort Start going to La Leche Group meetings now! If you are giving birth in a hospital, I would go ahead and make an appointment with the lactation consultant now, before your baby is born. Also, there's a number of great books about nursing, from other moms and La Leche League. Theres great information on kellymom and a website from Dr. Jack Newman. I think it's a good idea to educate yourself early! Ditto! I...
I know what you mean. My MIL has always favored the BIL. Until... until I got unexpectedly pregnant (I wasn't supposed to ever be able to have children- BIL at least had stepchildren). Suddenly, DH is the new favorite and we're having to keep everything she does for us secret. Wouldn't want to upset the old favorite... : Humans are strange... very strange.
I would recommend Self Coaching: How to Heal Anxiety and Depression by Dr. Joseph Luciani. The principles in the book can be applied to any issues that you have, it just happens that he's specifically targeting those with the book.
Wow, yeah, I hate to say it, but I think that this happened for a reason, too... don't put them in your will to have that baby if (GOD FORBID) anything happens to you!! That being said, I'm going to "go there," sorry. For us adoptees who have emerged from the fog (or started to), this can be an especially tricky situation. We live so much of our lives with a vague sense of abandonment that this situation will stand out for you as abandonment of your...
I had ceasarean, and I was back into my old routine by 10 weeks post-partum. I am losing a lot of weight, unfortunately, but I was losing a ton before I started exercising, and I feel much worse if I don't exercise, so I'm going to keep doing it. My breasts have gotten smaller, I went from a 34D to a 36DD (because I couldn't find any bras that fit properly, so I went with that), and I'm back to a 34DD (babe is just shy of 8 months).
Never mind, looks like you solved it! Awesome!
colloidal silver was the only thing that got me past my thrush- and I tried everything else (believe me)...