or Connect

Posts by Britta

I take care of a boy who will be 5 years old in a couple days, and he was seriously obsessed with Thomas and friends from about age 2-4...everytime I was at his house, we would be playing with the train set, watching the videos, reading the books, and playing the board game! It did get tiring (for me), but I was patient because it made him so happy, and there are much worse things to be obsessed with! My biggest gripe about the Thomas board game, however, is that it...
i agree with dar on this one! part-time unschooler is almost an oxymoron. to me, it's more than just a method of homeschooling...it's a way of life. i unschooled during my teen years, and graduated from college two mays ago, but i like to think of myself as still an unschooler! because life IS learning...learning never stops. and my personal definition of unschooling is, education that is self-directed and interest-led. (i might have "stolen" that from...
i was just wondering if anyone is single by choice, or chose to have a child on their own? i'm 23 and don't have any kids yet. even though my biological clock seems to be ticking like crazy, i dream about my future baby at night, and i so want a baby NOW, it's not practical yet...considering i will be re-locating soon, don't have a steady job yet, nor stable housing, etc., etc. it is going to be quite some time before i am prepared (in those ways) to have a baby, and...