or Connect

Posts by sphinxie

Oh, thank you, that's good to know in advance! This is just the thing I'm worried about. I don't need or want to be knocked out, I just need something to prevent anxiety. Dentists didn't used to freak me out, so I don't have major dentist phobia, just a certain amount of anxiety after a negative experience. I think I'll call them on Monday and ask them to prescribe the lowest dose of klonopin instead.
To keep a long story short, I need to see the dentist, and after my second-to-last experience, I've developed anxiety about dentists. A doctor suggested that I ask my (new) dentist to prescribe ativan. I've never taken ativan, and I'm concerned about experiencing surprising side effects in the middle of things. Of course this may not be a big deal, but I'd rather just make sure. One option (suggested by the doctor) is to ask the dentist to prescribe two doses, so that I...
TortelliniMama, that was beautifully said. I am actually not a big worrier--I think it was instincts talking, things worsened after I posted. I probably had an mc, and even in the luckiest scenario would have had at least a threatened mc. We'll see. Ultimately with the way this has felt all along I feel that whatever happens will be right, but some rights I would have far preferred over others.
I've been having mild cramps for the past week, and they didn't worry me. Then today, they started to feel sharper, though still relatively mild. That made me nervous. So I had some crampbark tincture and they went away. But then I was spotting. The spotting definitely seems normal but on top of the cramping it makes me nervous. Now I'm again having frequent mild cramps, of the non-sharp variety. Rationally I know this is within the realm of normal, but it makes me...
Oh that sucks. Comfort to you! I have a weird tummy too, although it's doing reasonably okay at the moment. I would suggest soothing foods and herbs. Have you been eating BRAT diet stuff? Ginger tea is an anti-spasmodic as well as anti-nausea, and great with a little honey. "The Natural Pregnancy Book" recommends for indigestion/heartburn: slippery elm lozenges or tea, dandelion root tincture, kudzu root, and for infrequent use for severe heartburn, activated charcoal...
Quote: Originally Posted by ~Shanna~ So I think I can finally join without jinxing anything... I'm pregnant with our second child, though this is my 4th pregnancy. We lost two before my son. I think that's part of why I chose not to test, and just let it gradually be revealed that I am pregnant - somehow it made for less anxiety because there was never a moment, just a growing sense. My estimated due date is October 19th. I'm excited for a fall baby - my...
Shanna! We're in the same DDC! I was considering visiting the former NMY thread and mentioning that I was pregnant... now I wonder if you'll see this!
I'm 30, DH is 49.
I don't know if it's a craving exactly, but my new favorite snack is sliced apples with boursin cheese. How did I ever live without this?
Just quickly: If you aren't into prenatals, just take folic acid by itself. My understanding is that it's essential for preventing a number of birth defects, and that other nutrients in prenatals are not as essential. Also, after conception the baby depends on the folic acid stored in your body, not what's in your immediate diet, for a few crucial weeks. So it's good to be taking it in advance. Or if you want to get folic acid from your diet as well, then that's one thing...