or Connect

Posts by sphinxie

Quote: Originally Posted by TortelliniMama We've always told family and close friends right away. In general, I feel like it's easier for people to see a m/c as a powerful loss if they knew about the expected baby before they learned about the m/c. Of course, that's not true for everyone, but I think at least some people are less prone to make unthinkingly hurtful comments if the loss feels more like a more real loss to them (as in, they thought they...
I set up appointments with the midwives I was considering as soon as possible. As far as I'm concerned, it's an opportunity for me to interview them, more than a medical checkup. After I've chosen a midwife, I'll just go in whenever they want.
I like "the natural pregnancy book" for herbal remedy recommendations. She also says not to have more than one or two grams of ginger. For ginger for morning sickness, she suggests "Steep 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger root in 1 cup of boiling water for 10 minutes and sip throughout the day, not exceeding 2 full cups daily. Or take 2 "00" capsules of powdered ginger every few hours, but do not exceed 10 capsules per day. Sucking ginger flavored hard candies or...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tear78 : I'm right there with you! I'm exactly the same way....at least I think I am. Am I? What was I talking about? I'm pretty sure moodiness, passing sensitivity and irritability must have been the thing(s) I was forgetting. Yesterday I noticed that my nipples look different! They're blurry around the edges and the bumps have changed. And man, the fatigue is bizarre.
I've been quite moody, which often means more irritable and sensitive, but it hasn't gotten to the point of being a temper thing.
I'm drinking more, but I don't feel like I'm peeing *that* much more.
Quote: Originally Posted by jennyvangy Wouldn't it be fun for all of us to do the pumpkin hat pattern for our halloween babies. I think I will also make some matching longies or leg warmers out of the yarn, since I don't have orange or green and will have to buy full skeins. Too cute! Oh I LOVE that idea!
Yup! I already had some grownup projects going when I found out, so those are still on. Next I plan to make a couple baby hats, cause a friend said you need them at first. Then I think I'll move on to soakers and longies. Yay, an opportunity to knit small things!
I think I'm just starting my 6th week. I have light occasional cramps, sore breasts, occasional intense fatigue, and... was there something else? Apparently memory loss.
A friend told me that the schedules of midwives can fill up, so it's worth starting early. I'm interviewing two of the midwife groups that are closest to me, I hope that one of them will feel right.