or Connect

Posts by greenmama_1963

My daughter will be 15 years old in 2 or 3 weeks and school will be out. She has a boyfriend and each weekend, they hang out at the local shopping center in Greensboro. She's not doing well in school, but her self-esteem is very positive. She should do something to build herself up over the Summer, instead of being at home or with her boyfriend.She defies not only her teachers but her dad ad me too. This economy still sucks, so what can she do?
It is hard for me because my daughter would like to stay up and watch TV and after wards, use the social networks on the computer until 11:00-12:00 am. Last year, she was ill with anxiety and depression and she had non- epileptic seizures. We tell her sleep is very important. She is 13 years old as well.
My child has gone to magnet schools most of her life. She is doing music and performing arts. My daughter has played the violin since kindergarten. not only that, she self-taught herself to play acoustic guitar and keyboard. Her violin playing is smooth and kinda sounds like Izaak Perlman. Her father and I would like for her to pursue her music in a magnet high school and my daughter would like to go to that school also.Trouble is she is not focusing on her classes and...
I love Panda Puffs because they taste better and a much nicer alternative to Captain Crunch's Peanut Butter cereal. My teen loves it too. Also love Cascadian Farms' Honey O's!
I understand totally. I have a 13 year old daughter who is in the 8th grade as well and right now, She hates me. She finally discovers boys and thinks that I don't understand. She called me a jerk and a freak and I am broken into. How do I cope with this for the next 5 years until I get my independence??
I have never missed an episode!!!! I hope it lasts on the air, but I just don't trust CBS right now. If they cancelled a excellent show like "Jericho", you' ll never know!
How do you know if your teen or a young adult is diagnosed as having autism?:
I had an interest in yoga when I was 12. I am 44 years old and have been practicing off/on since 1998. I just got into Hatha Vinyasa Yoga last year. When I don't practice, my left knee would hurt. I try hard not to let my church know that I do yoga because they would not understand. I am not giving it up!!!! I treat it as a workout and it helps me focus and breathe more. It is not fair that because of my beliefs, I should give up what I love and that's yoga! I feel...
"The Best of both Worlds!"- yeah, my daughter is a Hannah Montana fanatic. She watches "That's so Raven" as well. I don't police her shows on t.v either, but I do sorta monitior some music videos. Well... She is not into rap/ hip-hop. She used to watch America's Next Top Model, but I explained my disdain for it.
my kid has developed breasts and she is 10. Now she has discovered sex toys from my hubby and me. It is time for that talk, huh?