or Connect

Posts by NaturalMamma

...and hasn't had CP, measles, mumps, etc. should I consider having her vax'd? She's never been vax'd for anything. Or before I think of that should I get her blood checked for immunity (antibody titers) on the off chance she had a subtle case of...anything? I never really worried about my DD contracting anything. I've been a SAHM (now I'm a homeschooling mom) so I just figured we'd ride out anything she got. I never kept her away from groups. She's had her share of...
Quote: Originally Posted by JellyMomma Up until the age of 10, my parenting was very instinctive and I just "got it". After that I had no clue how to handle my suddenly nasty, moody, mean little girl. Isn't that interesting...I have felt the same way.
Now much to add to what the others have said, except to use this time to nurture your relationship with her...do mother-daughter activities. Before you know it, she'll be spending lots of time with friends again.
Quote: Originally Posted by EdnaMarie I don't know ANYONE who didn't like the weather who stayed, not here in Germany, and not in Seattle or PDX. It's just too much. Well, that would be me! LOL We moved here for my DH's job. We said we'd give it 3 yrs and if we weren't happy, we'd move back to where we were. Well, the economy fell apart during that time, so it would have been financial suicide for DH to leave his terrific job and try to sell...
If you can't stand bone-chilling weather or really hot summers, then you might like the weather here. July and August are warm and sunny...the rest of the year is different. Some nice days in Sept and some surprise sun and warmth in May, but many, many days of overcast weather and rain the rest of the year. Not often a downpour, but frequent drizzle and chilly. It's often described as dank. There are some days that hit 90 degrees or more in July or Aug, but it's not...
Quote: Originally Posted by splotchy1 Thank you everyone. I feel like I've really messed up and lost my chance to homeschool. I don't think you've missed your chance to homeschool at all. The information you've gained from this experience is valuable. I think you just have to either find a really creative way to blend your work and homeschool or choose between the two. If your son goes to ps next year and it doesn't work out for you and/or...
Quote: Originally Posted by jeteaa the part of the OP that stands out is that he is at your store for 4 hrs a day, every day. Even if you own a educational toy store, I don;t think that is the best place for a young kid for 4 hrs a day. I would not suggest putting him back in school for now, but you should look into a more stimulating age appropriate place for him to spend his afternoons while you work. I agree with that. Unless the OP owns a...
Quote: Originally Posted by 2xy From what I've read, nutrition plays a part, but so does climate. Climate? I haven't heard that one. So moving from a place that has more than 300 sunny days a year to an area that has like 10 mos of rain & clouds--would that qualify? AFA nutrition and body type: DD is a twig but eats pretty healthful foods. She's 4'8" tall, barely 70 lbs and very athletic. DH is 6' tall, average weight; I'm 5'1" and around...
I loved it! Our DD is almost 10 so not college bound yet. Many years back, DH and I had simply assumed she'd go to college--away. As time went on and we learned different things, we talked about the option of her going to a nearby community college for the first 2 yrs and then transferring. Then we realized that college is not the only option and she may have an entrepreneurial spirit and want to discover and work. Bottom line for us: there are so many options so we're...
Based on all her symptoms/growth, I suspect my almost 10yo will start menstruation within the next year. I don't think I started until 12 or 13. I know there is a lot of talk about early menarche and possible links to our diet, environment, etc. I have a hard time believing any of these things apply to her. She had a natural birth, nursed for 4 yrs, hardly ever had soy anything, we eat organic dairy, meat fruits & veggies, etc. She is very lean and very active so no...