or Connect

Posts by NaturalMamma

This all depends on how deep your conviction on HSing is. If you absolutely feel that HSing is the best choice for your family and your children, you will have to let your DD know that you made a mistake and backtrack. Then you will have to make sure you don't present the idea again. Children know when their parents are wishy-washy or whether their conviction on something is deep and real. If homeschooling is your "ideal" but you would be ok with other options, I can...
I was shocked when I first discovered the "drop off mentality". I invited a mom and DD over for a playdate and the mom dropped off the girl and split with her 2 other children. She had errands to run. I thought, "I'm not a daycare." I had fully expected that we would all be together. I also experienced something similar when DD had a birthday party. Some moms hung around (the ones I know to be more family-oriented), but others left to do errands. I don't think it has...
I have very similar feelings to yours. My DD has always had a very healthy diet. She nursed until she was almost 4, has never had a fast-food burger (I'm not sure she's ever had a hamburger...), has eaten lots of healthy whole grains, fruits and veggies. Always loved brussel sprouts and other not-commonly enjoyed veggies...until recently when other kids have said those veggies are "disgusting". Our DD is almost 10 and going through hormonal changes so I suspect that...
Hi! I'm glad you found your LibraryThing account. I wa in the same situation like you and needed to organize my books to know what I had. I couldn't peruse through my shelves everytime wondering if I already had a book--I needed an organized list. And LibraryThing has been working great for me (in fact, I'm thinking about becoming a lifetime member b/c once you get over a certain amount of books...) For books or any printed material (or even ebooks, lapbooks or unit...
Anyone know of a good site that offers free printables? Like if you're working on a lapbook theme and would like a avariety of printables for that theme (not a template for booklets--I already have that), but rather maps, drawings, diagrams, etc? Similar to Enchanted Learning, but without the cost of membership. Any ideas?
We made our own litter boxes out of rubbermaid/sterilite totes. Like on this web site: http://www.catinfo.org/litterbox.htm (scroll about halfway down) Our kitty loves it and I never have to worry about her missing the box. If I had to re-train our kitty, I'd confine her to a bathroom and use Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract litter. http://www.petco.com/Shop/Product.as...1#BVRRWidgetID Also, remember not to clean the litterboxes "too much"...cats are clean animals, but they do...
Quote: Originally Posted by laohaire I agree with PP. Vegetarians are conscious of their food intake and tend to choose healthy foods. But not all do. I, for example, gained weight just fine on a vegetarian diet of less-than-stellar food. (I don't blame vegetarianism, just poor food choices). I know a couple other people who did the same. Some vegetarians become pasta-and-cheese-atarians, you know? I agree w/this. I think a lot of people eat too...
So we decided to try this litter b/c of the dust from clay litter, but I'm not quite sure how to use it. So you place about 3 inches of the litter in the pan. We scoop out the feces, but how can I possibly remove the paper pellets that have been saturated w/urine? There is no way to separate it from the "clean litter". So I'm thinking that I have to dump out the whole thing after about a week. I do not like the smell of it and I don't want our cat to get offended by it....
I'm afraid I don't have any wisdom, but I can really relate. (((big hugs))) At over 2 yrs old, our DD was still waking 5 times a night...and never napped. People always say, "nap when your baby naps" but if your baby won't nap... I would lie down with DD and hope she would fall asleep. Almost an hour later, I'd be drifting off and she would be wide awake. Then I'd have to get up and that was really hard b/c by then my body was so tired. By the time she was 2yo I just gave...
Quote: Originally Posted by WorldsBestMom I think maybe when things are more stable for us I will get her a puppy, that she can raise. At least, it will teach her a certain level of responsibility. Hopefully having a puppy in its young stage will be easier for us to train him or her. I don't want to sound hurtful, but I don't think you're hearing what the other mamas are saying. Bringing a pet into your home is a big responsibility and...