or Connect

Posts by NaturalMamma

How old is your DD? My DD is an only and we didn't do any formal lessons until she was about 8. Although I should say we were in a HS co-op for a couple of yrs 1 day a week where she did have a classroom-like situation. (But, in retrospect, I wish we had not done the co-op.) My DD is pretty imaginative and engaged herself in some fantasy play (dolls, legos, cars, etc.) and our HSing was very relaxed for those earlier years. Even now, when she is 9yo she can only handle...
I've never felt comfortable w/the idea of clothing embedded with sun protection so I avoid buying it. But I opened up a LandsEnd catalog and it seems like all of their swimsuits have UPF 50 in them. We like their swimsuits and have purchased them in the past (without SP) but I won't buy these. Your thoughts and any links about the "chemical" put into the material would be helpful.
Another site with printables for vocabulary, word search, etc. http://homeschooling.about.com/od/fr...ympicprint.htm
I am so very, very sorry for the loss of your bunny. My heart breaks for you. We had a sweet Holland Lop and he passed away unexpectedly about a year ago--basically 1 month after DH lost his father. It was an awful time for all of us. I really feel for you and can relate to what you are going through. (((hugs)))
We adopted a kitten 2 mos ago and we are using 2 square Rubbermaid-type totes for her litter boxes. We keep 1 in our coat closet and the other upstairs. DH cut an opening in each towards the end (rather than in the middle). Our kitty loves it and has not had any litter box issues whatsoever. Here is where we got the idea. Scroll about halfway down. http://www.catinfo.org/litterbox.htm
Quote: Originally Posted by dotnetdiva BUT FIRST... Just so you know I got the default setup with the inexpensive shelf and bins at Target. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and did not like how our books had to curl up inside the bins. I want them to lay flat. I also didn't like how flimsy the shelf was (it falls apart sometimes), and how it looks in our homeschool room. So, I am eyeing the Ikea Trofast system with bins. Just googling "Ikea Trofast...
Our kitten (female) is 4 mos old. She weighs 7 lbs. She does not appear overweight...she just looks long and big...like an adult cat. Mind you, it's been some years since we had a cat, but I don't think our previous cats weighed so much at this age. Not too long ago I thought I read something that said you can sort of predict a kitten's adult weight by taking their weight at 5 mos and doubling it. That would mean our little girl will eventually weigh 14-16 lbs....
Quote: Originally Posted by elizawill having said that though, i honestly don't use them daily anymore. half of them have become storage bins however, they did help create a groove and rhythm to our day & i have definitely found a way to make "fun" a daily part of what we do. I'm curious how many people have abandoned the workbox system after some time. It sounds like a terrific way to stay on top of tasks. Yet, I wonder if, like every other...
I've just started to explore the idea of workboxes as I try to get our HSing a little more organized b/c I feel a bit scattered with our day and what we accomplish. Our HSing day feels like chaos. Our DD is an only so it's not as if I need to keep her "occupied" while I tend to another, but I do have other things I need to do. Right now we are doing everything together with very little independent work. And it basically ends up taking the whole day b/c we're not as...
Quote: Originally Posted by jessicaSAR I understand it's a coop, but honestly, Waldorf coops and schools are notorious for failing to handle problems like this. I would bail, and fast. I agree. How sad for the boy, his parents and the rest of the co-op. I think people's priorities are being clouded by the money and other issues. This is what happens when people get so attached to an entity or group...they can't see themselves apart from...