or Connect

Posts by NaturalMamma

I love it! Anything to be more organized...and it's so much prettier than the usual cold-looking office supply hardware.
I'd like to sew some muslin sacks to store my flour and grains in my frig/freezer...the kind you see in the natural food stores that are pricey. I'm concerned about the fabric weave--I want something tight so the flour won't spill or puff out. Is that possible? Our local stores don't sell org cotton muslin unbleached, so I've been looking online. But I can't tell whether the weave is tight enough or the fabric is strong. Is there some kind of a standard measure for...
(former Coloradoan here ) DD attended a day camp at this Montessori school--not far from Celestial Seasonings. http://www.mountainshadows.org/ She also attended some day camps at this Waldorf school when she was younger...about 5+ yrs ago. Lovely place. http://www.shepherdvalley.org/ Nederland is a really hip mountain town, but the drive into Boulder is a good 30 minutes (without traffic or weather issues). You'll have more choices if you live in Louisville...
Thanks for all the info. p.s. I can sew a little, but have not learned to sew beyond pillowcases, an apron and other simple items. One of these days I'd love to take some classes. But, by then I imagine I'll be sewing for grandchildren.
DD begged me to purchase this cute nightgown with kittens on them. Unfortunately it says that it is flame-resistant. I don't feel comfortable with DD wearing clothing that was treated with those chemicals. Is there anything I can do to get it out of the clothing? Soak it in something?
Quote: Originally Posted by Dar Well... to me, part of unschooling is not guiding my kid. I advise her, if she seems interested in my advice, and she sees what I do, but I don't guide her. If I had, she probably would know more math but have read less Tolstoy. C'est la vie... I also haven't knowingly taken any steps to create a "healthy learning environment", but I'm not sure I know what that really would mean... I do try to ensure that she's...
Quote: Originally Posted by dillonandmarasmom I have to agree with this poster. Educational neglect is rampant in public, even private, school settings. As a former educator, I would spend many hours sitting on the phone trying to reach parents, to the point of leaving numerous messages at home, work and on their mobile phone. These parents would never come to talk about their child's education, even after I went out of my way to move the schedule to meet...
Quote: Originally Posted by 2lilsweetfoxes I think I see myself panicking if my daughter were to decide she'd rather spend the day playing Pixie Hollow or some Spongebob game on the computer in lieu of doing something "worthwhile", such as learning about something. There are things to be learned from most any activity, but I do believe that a lot of our modern world has dumbed-down activities and created ones to do the thinking for us. So while...
Well I guess we'll have her in our bedroom starting on Friday night. I don't want her to become so accustomed to spending the night in the bathroom that she has difficulty adjusting to nighttime with us. Previously when she was in our bedroom (which also connects to our master bath and closet) for about 6 nights, we were picking her up and putting her back on the floor whenever she bit our nose. We'll keep re-directing her. I just wasn't sure if my expectations were too...
Only you could make that call. I'm surprised you made it this far. Our DD was very colicky and high needs through most of her 1st 3 yrs of life. I could never had dealt with a dog. I would have ended up in the hospital. But back to you! I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world to give yourself a timetable of when you would make a final decision. Could you see a dog behaviorist who could help you work out a plan? Could you hire someone to walk the dog and give him...