or Connect

Posts by Erinz

I'm trying to find information on a company (who I'm assuming I can't name) who has large chicken and ground beef buying "events" all over the country. This company doesn't farm the chickens themselves, they do it through producer farms. My local buying co-op is all about it and the pricing is amazing (1.69/lb for boneless, skinless breasts) but I can't find anything about the company. They have FILLED the internet with glowing reviews by giving away 40lb boxes to people....
You have to ensure the kids have shoes before heading into town. We live in a moderate climate so sometimes the kids go days without them! My son does Aikido once a week and we have to do a thorough scrub down before he gets into his uniform because his hands and feet are so stained and caked!
Had to give a big thanks for helping me find BFSU -- I've tried several different science curriculums and all seemed so disjointed and breezy. Nothing has felt solid and interesting, this one is going straight into my cart. We do The Magic Schoolbus just for the pure fun factor of them, but they really kind of drive me nuts with all the setup and how shallow the experiments are. This year I tried R.E.A.L. science which is nice in theory and perhaps it could be better...
Both of my boys (3.5, 6.5) participate in butchering days and always have (even when my youngest was in the backpack out of practicality because 2 pairs of hands are faster than one). We've only butchered meat we have grown (goats, chickens, turkeys) and it's just a completely normal thing that we do. This season when we did the turkeys for Solstice my older son, who is a homeschooled first grader, really enjoyed the anatomy of the innards. He was so curious what the...
Ponyo scared my (then) 5 year old, but all kids are different. Both of mine LOVE Little Bear (and the kind messages and interactions are so great). I also bought some Magic Schoolbus vids and they both like to watch them here and there. AND THEN... (shhhh) they both really like Scooby Doo for some reason. I know, it sounds nuts.The problem solving stuff is so crazy magical to them.
But on a societal level, don't I have some responsibility? It takes a village, right? Gah, it's such an internal struggle for me.
I have told her that I won't be around her kids anymore, a few years ago. The pool day was more of a fluke than a plan. I appreciate the input, and I do think it may be time to call it quits. I can't help to feel a cowardly or lazy person, though. Maybe I'm a go-out-guns-ablaze kinda gal or something (kidding). I hope her kids do grow out of it.
I have a friend (J) who has similarly aged boys (mine are 3 and 6, hers are 2.5 and 6). We get along great, she is easy to be around when it's just the two of us (which is rare, so we hardly ever see each other). 2 years ago I stopped hanging around she and her boys when our youngest were babes because her older son hit my son every time we were together. It seemed he had it out for my son for some reason, and the last event of her son hitting mine in the back with a toy...
My first went through a bolting phase at 3 years old too, one time I thought I had lost him forever because I was too pregnant to keep up with his speed. Heartbreaking.  I did a combo of setting expectations as Chicky2 explained, and also bought a length of soft rope and tied a hoop on each end -- one to fit his waist and one for mine. I made light of it (didn't use it as punishment or anything) and explained how it would keep us together so when he forgot to stay close....
Thank you for that. I also find myself circling back to Enki, I'm really adjusting to the (exciting) idea that I get to pick his curriculum. I was traditionally schooled so all of this is very new to me.