or Connect

Posts by Vaquitita

My story isn't as bad as what I'm reading here, but I am struggling with it... I recently had my fourth baby. My first two were born at home with a wonderful midwife, my third I had in a hospital for money reasons. All 3 pregnancies and births were healthy, even my hospital birth was free of interventions (other than people telling me to push). My fourth pregnancy was also uneventful and I planned another home birth with the same midwife. My due date came and went. At 42...
My oldest son hasn't really coslept since he was 4-5, but until the age of 8 he was regularly climbing in our bed in the middle of the night or snuggling with me while falling asleep, to be moved to his bed afterwards. But around the age of 8 he lost interest. Even if he does climb in my bed at bedtime, he doesn't cuddle with me anymore and he no longer climbs into my bed in the morning for snuggles. Makes me kind of sad :-( but I guess he just outgrew the need for that....
With my first I never used a cover, but with each additional child I find myself using a cover more (in public places). Maybe because of not being able to focus on baby and pull my shirt down as soon as they let go. I'm too busy keeping an eye on the older kids. I also find that as they get older I use it more, either to cut down on distractions for them because they are too curious and keep stopping before done or they need to go to sleep. I do feel like it makes what you...
Thought I'd post this here too... Lucas Jonathan born at 42w2d, 11/26, 9lbs 3+oz, 21in. 24 hours after my water broke we headed to hospital, got started on a low dose of pitocin, baby was born 4.5 hours later. He came out with his hand up by his head, ouch! He's had a bit of jaundice, but is doing great. I had forgotten the 'fun' of engorgement. Eta: just cause I can't resist showing off my cutie...
Thank you everyone. When I posted before I was still at the hospital, I was able to be released early and went home Wednesday night. It was so stressful to me to be in the hospital. I had to jump through hoops to get here (chest X-ray for tb, ekg) but I am very glad to be home. I am exhausted. I lost 1.5 liters of blood and am now anemic, which is miserable. But beginning to feel better now that I am home and able to eat good food. I have gone through a few stages with my...
Lucas Jonathan was born 11/26, weighing 9 lbs. 3+oz. Baby and I are doing well. The birth did not go the way I wanted. 24 hours after my water broke I was still not in labor and baby and I were beginning to show signs of trouble. We made the decision to go to the hospital, our midwife accompanied us. I was given a low dose of pitocin to start labor, which worked, it was later turned off. After several hours I felt like I was in transition, a new doc came in to check me...
Well I fell back to sleep last night, woke up to no ctx in the morning. Had a handful maybe through out the morning. Did have a hint of mucous plug mid morning. At noon my midwife called cause she was thinking of heading into the city for an early dinner. I said sure, nothing is happening here. Maybe 30 minutes later, my water broke! Well, trickled actually. So weird, I've never had this happen before. My water has always broken in late labor. Usually right before I start...
I may be in labor. Today/Yesterday? Saturday I walked around the mall shopping in the morning. Went walking some hills in the afternoon. Followed by Mexican food for dinner, chocolate cake and sex. Went to bed at midnight, exhausted. I woke up around 3 with a ctx that made me squirm around, wishing I was upright, but unable to get out of bed because I was also having a cramp on my left side. After being up for a little bit I had to rush back to the bathroom with diarrhea,...
After my cervical check today my midwife was wondering if my due date is correct. Because her findings just didn't seem consistent with a woman 42 weeks pregnant with a fourth child. We based it on my LMP, so we talked about my cycles. Which I was charting so we figured out I ovulated later in my cycle, which puts my EDD at 11/14 instead. So, I may only be one week 'late'. She also suggested some homeopathics that might help get labor started. So I'm trying that.
Well, I got the good nights sleep I was hoping for...