or Connect

Posts by Vaquitita

Lmk1- last weekend I took the dog and went for an hours' walk, but I haven't since then. Having three other kids makes it kind of hard to go for a long walk during the week. It's too dark by the time dh gets home. If I'm not in labor by the weekend then that is what I will have to spend Saturday doing. Walk, walk, walk. Though I don't have access to any stairs. Sila- my midwife was willing to sweep my membranes last week (when I was 1 day short of 41 weeks), but couldn't...
Still pregnant here. I am 41w4d today. Tomorrow I have another appointment with my midwife. I'm hoping something has changed, I have had some painful twinges in the region of my cervix over the past two days and hoping something is going on. I'm hoping at least she'll be able to reach my cervix this week. If so, then I plan to have her sweep my membranes. I also have to ask her what happens when I reach 42 weeks, how long past that is she willing to go if baby is doing...
Congrats Hippy! Sunnie- I do have a double electric breast pump somewhere, but I haven't tried that. I did however nurse my 3yo at bedtime for 3 nights in a row. The first night it gave me major ctx that stopped as soon as he did, the other two nights it gave me no noticeable increase in ctx.nthe pump wouldn't be as strong, on the other hand maybe I could do it longer that way. Course, I hate pumping. Haven't done it hardly at all since my first baby, when I was still...
Congrats starfish and laurenearley! Beautiful baby boys!
I don't think I have any worries about the upcoming birth. Maybe having 3 kids in the house while in labor? But if they bug me, we do have back up for them to leave. So I don't think that is hanging me up. This isn't even my longest pregnancy quite yet. Mentally I know I will probably go into labor very soon. I don't have to have lots of prodromal or early labor stuff before hand, labor could just start quickly. But I'm having to think/plan, if I'm still pregnant Monday...
Quick update- still no baby or labor. Today despite taking the dog for an hour walk and sex and spending lots of time sitting on my birth ball, I had LESS contractions than yesterday. Didn't think of it, but yesterday I tried doing acupressure points in my hands. Maybe that increased my ctx yesterday? I'm having a few more this evening, but idk... Mostly I just have this super heavy feeling in my pelvic area, especially when I first stand up, and an achey lower back. I'm...
Well I went back to my midwife's today, really hoping that the PAC (irregular heartbeat) was transient and already gone. But nope. It was still there. It's still subtle, not every heartbeat. After discussing it (both with my dh and my midwife) we have decided to go ahead with our home birth. It will most likely not be a problem at all, if it is, it will be the baby's heart rate getting too high during labor. That is easy to watch for. At which point we would go into the...
I just got home from what turned out to be a totally stressful appointment with my midwife. When she checked the babies heart beat she could hear subtle irregularities. So then she did a NST. The irregularities continued, though they were so subtle the machine didn't pick them up, but she could hear them. So then she wants me to be checked out by a physician. She ended up calling a local high risk place that she's dealt with before (though they don't actually deliver...
Congrats Sunkist and Sunnie!   Sila- Hang in there, you are only 38weeks right? So relax and try not to get anxious, baby will be better off for cooking a little longer. Lol. I know easy to say. And here I am feeling the same way. But then I'm 40w5d now.   Last night I nursed my 3yo at bedtime, boy did that bring on some contractions! I felt like baby's head was being pushed down right on to my cervix. Once he was done, they quickly subsided though. Sex didn't bring on...
So did anyone end up having an 11/12/13 baby?Sending good labor vibes your way sunnie!40w4d now...Hippy, sorry your sick. Being sick and in labor is no fun.We kept up with school and everything through 40wks. This week we haven't done anything really. Idk, if I end up not having baby till next week (especially if it was late next week), then probably we should have kept up with school this week. But it's hard to want to, I've pushed along, keeping up with everything all...