or Connect

Posts by poetesss

That's a hard position, but I would gently try to help my dh understand that you don't want to take the risk of induction for yourself or the baby. A little delaying for a few days is all you need, you are already 11 days past, just keep thinking that "it won't be much longer." Once your beautiful babe is here, any ill feelings and disagreements your dh has with your choice will hopefully be forgotten
depends on the hospital's policies, set up, etc. Go to your tribe subforum here and ask mamas in your area about the local midwives. I found a hospital birthing center (NOT a regular L&D) that turned out to be awesome, not much different from my freestanding birth center experience. I didn't mind the 24 hour stay, because it saved us from running around to the pediatrician the first day, and getting the pku and hearing tests on our own. We just had it all done there. We...
I just ordered Peak With Books, and I'm finding that some of it is too advanced for my 3 year old (just turned 3 in Oct). However, I get a few ideas from there. Although it's labeled for "early childhood education" many of the examples in the book are from first graders! So I think it will be a good resource for a few years at least. It has an excellent set of books, really good quality children's literature. Has anyone read Your Child's Growing Mind by Jane Healy?...
I don't believe in that "feeling the experience" stuff that people talk about when discussing natural birth. I'd rather NOT feel the pain. That's why I did hypnobabies/hypnobirthing, but I have fast labors, and so can't get into hypnosis quickly and deeply enough. These are my reasons why I fear an epidural more than unmedicated birth: *don't want to be stuck on my back tied to monitors *don't want my bp dropping *don't want my labor slowing down and stalling,...
Quote: Originally Posted by craft_media_hero I am praying, just let this go well. Let us be healthy and able to birth at home. Let us pass by all of these horrible, unnecessary complications. Let us reclaim our births. WORD. I'm so sorry that you feel stretched and stuck having to worry about a bad hospital experience--I really hope that you are able to make some arrangement in advance for a birth in a place and with a provider you feel...
Quote: Originally Posted by tessie But it goes both ways. If natural works for you, then that's great. But natural doesn't work for everyone. And some women don't want, or can't have, natural. Using pain relief doesn't automatically make you an uneducated, natural birth hating, fool. But I agree that inducing at 37 weeks for 'tired of being pregnant' alone is ridiculous. My main point of the OP was in regards to women being pushed around in...
I'll start by mentioning that I always think about the moment when I caught my firstborn. I did it with my second as well, but with the first, it was a complete surprise, I had no idea I was pushing, but as soon as he crowned, it was completely and utterly natural for me to just reach down and pick him up. Hands down, BEST experience of my life. Gives me a smile every time I think about it.
spinning off my other thread, where I was talking about how upset I get when I hear about women being bamboozled into horrible births... ...I want to read about some awesome mama-power in childbirth! Please, share something moving, encouraging, or otherwise positive about your own childbirth (or someone else's). I just hope to have some positive things to think about to distract me, and I'm sure it will help expectant mamas, too!
I agree, it is sensitive to talk about. First of all, they think we're freaking fools for doing what we do, so they are naturally going to judge anything we say. I have to learn to keep my mouth shut. I will sometimes bring up stuff beforehand, but you can't possibly educate someone yourself on all these issues. It has to come from within. And if the doctor is telling them something, it becomes a matter of "well who the hell are you to tell me otherwise?" Ugh...I...
...when I hear about others' birth experiences. I mean the typical hospital ones where mom is rushed from a doctor's appointment to the hospital just because she happened to be dilated to 4 cm, the ones where water broke and there was hysteria about inducing labor, etc. etc. So a relative is currently in labor and of course, rushed off to the hospital at the first pangs of labor. At 1 cm on arrival, admitted, and less than 6 hours into it is already on a pit drip. Of...