or Connect

Posts by poetesss

Hi all, I am on the verge of being diagnosed with some autoimmune disorder, most likely MS, and I hope to start low dose naltrexone asap to see if it will help. Dr. Hale mentions on his forum that naltrexone is referenced in his 2004 edition, page 587. Can someone who has this book look this up for me, or in one of the newer editions? Thank you!
Hi, I have some sort of ongoing neurological condition and am undergoing a lumbar puncture on Friday. Does anyone have any tips on how to prepare, what to expect, and how to avoid a spinal headache? thanks! Merium.
It seems like a lot of families that want structured hs'ing choose k12. I'm wondering how it would work with a family who is having issues with keeping the student (age 14) on track with assignments. Other programs give you the books and let you go at your own pace, so sometimes a semester long course ends up dragging over two. The k12 website mentions that their teachers do work with students to keep them on a schedule, but I'm wondering how this actually works out. For...
thanks so much for the references! Once I get my neuro workups back I think I will look into Dr. Stolman.
Hi all, I'm looking for an osteopath (DO) who does osteopathic manipulative medicine--doesn't necessarily have to be craniosacral. I'm also on the lookout for a good acupuncturist. Thanks so much...
Anyone have experience with this place? I have an appointment with Dr. Belkin next week. I've had a semi-numb foot for a few weeks and it's starting to freak me out. http://www.mindonline.com/
Quote: Originally Posted by treehugz Does anybody else find it hard to be a mom and an introvert at the same time? I'm a sahm, and my dd is almost 1. Just being with her all day and talking to her can really frazzle me. How do you get your alone time to recharge? another introvert here, but I likely won't have time to keep up with this thread so sorry if I don't post much! Treehugz, I've realized (late in the game) that my...
Quote: Originally Posted by laylasmommy We see Dr.Saker and have no major complaints. She is very slow to prescribe abx and overall is ok with our choices concerning vax. She definately is ok with delayed as far as I can tell.She takes Molina which is a Beaumont program. ditto here... she also takes Great Lakes. She says that just because a patient doesn't want to vax doesn't mean that she should deny them ped. care. Her MA is also good about...
Who do you all use and how much do you pay per month? I have been w/ATT but when I tried to switch to DSL only I had tons of trouble... misquoted prices, orders cancelled mysteriously (2X) to the point that it's been almost 3 weeks with no net at home, we really need it for our work/school. I'm trying to find another ISP that will give me less hassle. thanks!
I *tried* to introduce a bottle at 4-5 weeks, and it was an utter failure even though I tried for a few weeks with 3 different nipples. In the future I would try as early as 2-3 weeks if I was sure that breastfeeding was going really well. Also on the rare occasion that dd did take the bottle I started out doing no more than 2 oz at a time and then bfing right after. I'm a little disappointed because this means that I won't be able to do any part time work solo for...