or Connect

Posts by poetesss

Quote: Originally Posted by michelle9206 I am looking for a pediatrician that has rights at Providence Hospital Alternative Birth Center in Southfield, MI. Looking for someone who is supportive of breast feeding and is not super aggressive if I were to test positive for GBS. I have HAP insurance. Does anyone know of any good peds? If you are with the Metro Partners midwives, I'd definitely ask them, I asked about the GBS issue specifically...
I think it's more than reasonable to expect that with our deficient diets, food that is depleted nutritionally, that we as moms will start out vit. D deficient--the article mentions that the mom's D deficiency is a major factor, as well as the fact that we don't get sun. Obviously if the mom is deficient, the baby will be as well. Based on that, I think it's pretty reasonable to suggest vitamin D testing for breastfed infants. As far as supplementation goes, if an EBF...
You never know, it might work...for my son, at about 18-20 months (can't remember exact time) nightweaning turned out to be the magic bullet. He will still get up once or twice, but instead of needing 5-10 min of nursing to go to sleep, he just snuggles up against me and knocks out in a few seconds. I realized afterwords that I was taking too much on myself by just assuming that in his case the nursing at night was a continued "need." He just replaced the affection gained...
I could use some of these ideas...we managed to get nighttime taken care of, but not daytime naps. This is actually the last bit of nursing ds does, that one naptime feed. I'd love to continue but I am pregnant, so uncomfortable with this due to back pains, braxton hicks, etc. that I am starting to get extremely resentful and hateful about nursing. I need to recharge for the sake of my upcoming LO's nursing relationship. Oddly enough, for nights, ds randomly at like 21...
I didn't get a shower for the first and I don't expect one for my second either. We move around a lot and I don't really have close friends. I did have a friend who threw herself a shower though. When I read threads here about people saying "I don't want the 'mainstream' shower my friends are throwing for me," I'm like, "Hey, send them to me instead, shower me all you want!"
Hypnobabies is much more complete than hypnobirthing, I did the Hypnobirthing Mongan method with my first and am doing hypnobabies this time around. Hypnobirthing=1 cd compared to six with hypnobabies. Here's the official site: http://www.hypnobabies.com/ They teach you so many more tools to actually use the hypnosis effectively. Plus it is a much more aggressive and structured course with tons of scripts and a lot of focus on hypnotic anesthesia. Post around at...
OP, maybe you need to join the irritable uterus club In both pregnancies I feel BH contrax from late first trimester. First pregnancy they'd get triggered in the third trimester from the tiniest things. Gave birth at 37 weeks. My midwives suggested Calcium/Magnesium supplements to help relax the muscles.
My son is 21 months old...they barely understand concepts like, "you need to eat what the family is eating." However I wouldn't get into the rut of preparing special foods for ds. If he doesn't want to eat what we are eating, then he can either not eat then, and I'll try again when he's actually hungry, or I'll offer a healthy alternative that doesn't really need cooking per se, like yogurt, fruit, cheese, or maybe oatmeal. I also have no problem feeding him when he...
Here's a good article: Isolated oligohydramnios at term: is induction indicated? Journal of Family Practice, Jan, 2005 by Lawrence Leeman, David Almond http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m..._n8704997/pg_1 from page 4: Quote: A primiparous woman with an unfavorable cervix who strongly desires a spontaneous, vaginal birth could be told that, although there may be a small risk for her baby, no study has demonstrated any increased long-term...
Quote: Originally Posted by frontierpsych When my daughter was stillborn they were not going to let me see her or hold her at all, since I was not healthy enough to go down and see her, thanks to hemmorhaging. One of the nurses argued pretty incessantly with the OB and Pediatritians and got them to bring her up so I could hold her. She'll never know how much that meant to me. Good for that nurse. I hope that it helped you heal and achieve...