or Connect

Posts by poetesss

First birth I read voraciously and took a hypnobirthing class. Problem was I didn't practice my hypnosis dilligently and it turned out that the course didn't have enough tools to really help me get a comfortable, ideally pain-free birth. It was awesome nonetheless, but would have been better had I actually been able to use the hypnosis. This time I'm studying hypnobabies and really getting into the scripts and practicing it, reading pain-free birth stories and studying...
I hated hearing anything during labor, however late in the game I did sing myself... It wasn't planned or anything, it just came, when I was in the car to the birth center and baby was descending (didn't know it at the time). It was one of the most beautiful and memorable moments of my son's birth. I still get all emotional thinking about it almost 2 years later. I think it helped that 99% of my labor time was just dh and myself.
I'd venture to say that the hypnosis you were doing could have been stabilizing the heartrate of the baby as well. Hypnosis is designed to stabilize heartrate and breathing and maintain it at a consistent homeostatic level. It also lowers blood pressure as well. It is very likely that this was affecting the baby, since you were entering into deep relaxation, so did he/she.
from my 21 month old... "shits"... he means "shirts" "bebees" (with an adorable lisp at the end) for nursing...maybe he's trying to say boobies??
For us, food is at the table, highchair, or on a mat on the floor. My son is pretty active but after consistently putting out food on a towel or mat on the floor and limiting it to that area, or at the table, he knew by around 18 months or earlier that food=sit down. Of course occasionally he does wander and sometimes I'll overlook it if it's dry stuff but even with these limits I am still constantly vacuuming and cleaning food from around the table, highchair. I can't...
I basically tried to hold off giving it to ds because he took to that stuff like crack once he got the taste of it, as in not wanting to eat if the juice was given with the meal. Plus I don't want him to stop liking water and just demand juice at all times. I usually don't keep it in the house because dh and I both have a strong family history of diabetes and 38 grams of sugar per 8 oz (yep, that's a 100% juice) is way too much sugar for me to feel comfy taking in at one...
So sorry about this.... and it's in my former home state to boot. I wish you the best in getting your HBA2C and if you do decide the hospital route, I suggest having pre-typed and signed letter (notarized if it will make a difference), maybe even with a lawyer's letter attached stating something to the effect of "I do not consent to a c-section because of my previous ceseareans." and have multiple copies to flash around as needed. Your partner definitely would need to be...
According to Florida's Department of Health (long quote, emphasis added on the relevant rupture of membranes bit): Quote: Risk factors shall be assessed throughout labor to determine the need for physician consultation or emergency transport. The midwife shall consult, refer or transfer to a physician with hospital obstetrical privileges if the following occur during labor, delivery or immediately thereafter: (a) Premature labor, meaning labor occurring at...
Yep, law it is... I gave birth at a free standing birth center in Florida and after looking into the FL midwifery law it's annoyingly detailed on stuff like this. Hell, if your hemoglobin is a tad too low the midwives can't legally attend the birth. It's crazy, but the good thing is that the law requires all insurance carriers that provide maternity coverage to include midwives (not necessarily all) as part of their coverage. Even medicaid covers home births and free...
Well, with the first breech and the second a twins VBAC, it's kind of understandable. Even though I personally would do a vaginal breech and twins for myself, it's fairly common for c-section to be recommended in these cases, even amongst many midwives (many of whom are barred legally from delivering breeches and mulitples). And good luck finding an obstetrician who will even deliver a breech or twins vaginally.