or Connect

Posts by thriftyqueen

Do you have a Freecycle group in your area?  There are always people on there looking for furniture and kitchen stuff, curtains, etc.  And there are always people on there giving them away.  I love freecycle.  It would be a great place for you to start.  Post what you are looking for and you just never know, you may end up with a lot of freebies. 
Here are a few more pics of my house.  This is my living room/dining/entry area.  To see more click on the link. http://www.flickr.com/photos/thriftyqueen/sets/72157626090846643/    
I have posted pictures on here in the past, but not much of my curent house.  This weekend we got a new to us dresser set for my DS's room.  We decided to declutter and organize him room and I am very happy with how it turned out.  Everything has a home now, which love!   You can check them out here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/thriftyqueen/sets/72157626216015046/    
If it is not specifically in the contract that you need to leave the curtains or "all window treatments", then the curtains are yours to take.  When we moved, I took the curtains from my son's room as my MIL had made them for him, but otherwise I left the rest.  They wouldn't have worked in the new house and I felt like it was one less expense for the people buying our house if I left them there. 
Oh wow!  I love it!!!
  This house is AMAZING!!!!! 
Good luck with all of this.  I hope one day you can look back on this experience and be able to say that you were successful in starting a better life for your family.  Ultimately that is the most important thing for you at this point.  Get your kids out and healthy.  Get yourselves on track financially so that your future can be brighter.  You can do this and need to do this for yourself and your kids.  Be thinking about what you want from your future and start taking...
I am sure you could market it.  I think it would be hard to start with only one years worth of curriculum because you limit your customer base to only people your child's age.  As time goes on and you have more years of curriculum, it would be easier to do.  I have very little experience with curriculum.  I know my dad used to create a lot to use at the school where he was previously employed, but he never sold it.  Good luck with your idea.  Maybe you could start a blog...
I say walk away, scratch that run away from that situation.  If they can't give you a straight up answer as to why you would need to finance $20,000 for the Toyota when you have it figured out at $15,000 something is not right.  Find another dealership that is more trustworthy.
Thanks for the link to The Frugal Girl.  Looks like great reading!