or Connect

Posts by kaismom

T1D= Type 1 Diabetic
I think we might have been exposed my good friend thinks her son has CP. So we may have another "play date" to really confirm. What I'm wondering is if there is something I can do to help my children fight it well and have a mild case. Any naturopathic remedies that might be good as a pre party coctail for the little ones? BTW we are in Ohio.
I have no real objection to moving.... but I think the idea in being a tribe was that we could just band together as mammas facing the joys and pains of tandem nursing and lend support to each on all sorts of things that might come up in our days and nights. Though we do tend to stick to items relating to nursing (perhaps because it seems at times to be the only thing we do ) there is that sense of freedom to discuss everything with moms who understand our unique...
Forgot to say : CONGRATULATIONS KINDREDSPIRIT!!!! Wishing you a wonderful pregnancy!
Hello, I'm aimee mom to ds 3.5 years and dd almost 2 which i just cant believe when you started the first thread she was days old and I was a nursing machine. I definitely had a drop in supply starting at about 4 mos pregnant with dd though i always had some milk. my son was not a big solids eater and was in that period where he became mobile and his extremely chubby body started to slim down. As new parents we freaked out a bit because the fat nursling we were...
I think mitigating risk is important but we have to really look at where our ideas of risky come from. The mom from canada made a good point about the media in the US- they've been fearmongering on everything to upset a mom from abduction to bacteria for years. The more I've thought about this I think I have more to fear inside my house than outside. Furniture that isn't bolted to the wall, ovens and stove tops, bathtubs and toilets,electrical sockets whose little baby...
My son has been playing outside by himself at 2.5 which seems ridiculously early when you write it down but each situation is different. some of the reasons it works for me are: My son is exceptionally cautious almost to a fault Our small town and neighborhood is very safe, no one even locks doors here Our yard is safe and enclosed and I have windows where I can watch him I always have an ear or eye on him Your instincts are likely to be right and I would trust...
my son was 10 mos when i got pregnant. He continued to nurse several times a day (and night ) through the pregnancy though about 4 mos in we supplemented with goats milk as my supply dropped he just wasnt getting enough nourishment. Its been over a year now since my dd was born and he continues to nurse though not every day now. he'll wean when he's ready.
I know what you mean these feelings are hard. Generally my dh is very good with the kids but he does do things that i dont like (frequent tv, juice etc) and mostly I feel like I have to be in charge of the all the remembering like remember to soap and shampoo the kids in the bath (its not just play time), brush teeth before bed, give medicine, change the diapers 1st thing in the morning or the kids will be soppy wet, -ok im starting to rant. I guess my point/problem is...
I'm not sure I have advise so much as I have the same questions. We slept four in the bed for about 6 months after dd was born but always separated them with an adult because they woke eachother up and I worried about safety. After his 2nd birthday ds wanted his own bed next to ours and then wanted it in his room. It was bittersweet as he began sleeping better but I felt sad for him alone in his room. I want to eventually have a sibling bed for my babes so they can...