or Connect

Posts by mayaandx

If only coabode let you search for similar interests, willingness to relocate, etc. ..
I've googled and googled and can't seem to find any Waldorf-inspired verses for putting away shoes on coming into the house. Does anyone know of any pertaining to putting away shoes? Or at least putting away? I hope that would help encourage my son to put those shoes away instead of nagging/lecturing. His teacher has a great rhyme for putting warm things on before going outside (that he loves to repeat and then actually DO it)...there must be something similar for...
deleted
  Unique opportunity for enlightened, spiritual, self-employed woman/single mom. Apt Trade/houseshare. Free rent on a nice 1 or 2BR apt on our first floor, with use of main yard and house-- in exchange for 12 hrs wk childcare/driving/household support, plus utilities.    Downstate NY/Hudson Valley/Westchester family of 3 seeking  likeminded, financially stable, long-term, mutual support. We're nutrient-dense omnivorous,  media free, grow and make our own,...
deleted
deleted
Also I would love to practice my Italian; my parents are Italian and my son is just 6. Let me know if you'd like to get together sometime.    There is also a large international and European community at the Waldorf school, though no Italians as far as I know.   Magda
I don't believe there are any Reggio Emilia schools in Westchester. In terms of alternative schooling, There is a Democratic School in Croton and Scarsdale: Longview School (Cortlandt Manor) Scarsdale Alternative School (Scarsdale) There are plenty of Montessori Schools up to age 8, but the integration of the arts isn't the same. Have you considered Waldorf schools? We live in White Plains and our son goes to a Waldorf school in Rockland County (25 minutes...
deleted
So here I am, contemplating this huge change. I'm overwhelmed, but my main concern is how to minimize the negative impact a divorce will have on my 4 1/2 yr old son. I would almost rather stay with a cheating womanizing jerk of a husband than take his daddy away or the house he loves away or do anything to make my son the tiniest bit sad. Almost. But I can't quite manage to stay with the jerk. If you have gone through a divorce, what would you have done differently...