or Connect

Posts by Romana

You might like Oak Meadow.  I know a friend who is using it and likes it.    http://www.oakmeadow.com/   I'm not sure how much, if any, formal math/reading instruction there is.  It sounds light on formal math (one of the reasons it's not the right curriculum for us.  Here is the kindergarten description:   A rich tradition of oral language and classic stories provides the backdrop for your child’s first exploration into the world of literacy. Each week...
N/A   and quite annoyed I don't seem to be able to change the thread title.
You are not a father of three, you are a father of four.  You have a son.  If you withdraw from your son's life and pretend he doesn't exist, he will feel abandoned by you and grow up without any father to talk to or rely on.  The idea that another man will come along and love him as his own and that - even if that fantastical scenario actually occurred - your son would never miss you, never wonder why you gave him up, never wonder why you abandoned him, never wonder why...
The "sodaconstructor" link goes to a bad link (ad site).  Does it no longer exist or is there a different link that does work?
www.poissonrouge.com   No drills, fun stuff like optical illusions.  The child can explore the different pages.  Clicking on things makes interesting things happen.  My preschoolers like it, and my 5 year old still enjoys it from time to time.  I think a 6 year old with limited computer experience would find it interesting and fun, or at least parts of it.
I would unquestionably have a c-section with a footling breech.  I've had three uncomplicated vertex vaginal births with good-sized babies, two at home.   I would need to think carefully about frank breech.  I would only want to attempt it in the hospital, but the problem there is finding a practitioner who will support breech birth and has the necessary experience.  I might travel to a different area to find a provider who would support a breech birth (in a...
One more thing - MANA needs to man up and PUBLISH ITS DATA (both of my homebirths being a part of it), whether that data is good for MANA or not.  Women have a right to know.  We're talking about the health of women and babies here.  That should take precedence over the promotion of homebirth - no matter who you are - if you have any scientific, medical or ethical credibility whatsoever.
I think the CNM credential is superior.  They see more complications due to required clinical experience.  And transport is terrible in this country, especially in states where homebirth with a CPM is illegal or alegal.  I have felt these pressures first-hand.  Moms reluctant to call, midwives reluctant to transfer.  It is terrible.   In Canada, the UK, the Netherlands - the system is so different.  Midwives are well-educated and trained, and follow their patients to...
I have endometriosis adhesions, so labor is absolutely awful for me. The uterine pain isn't so bad - it's manageable, gets very intense, but the hard part there is pretty brief. It's the adhesion pain that is so hard for me, and in some of my labors lasted 8+ hours (in terms of the length of time I would say the pain was "excruciating" or "extremely difficult"; actual labors were about 20 hrs total). My most recent birth was easier in that the labor was quite short. ...
I'm so happy to hear that it went well. I had my girl on 7/26, also a very fast birth, uncomplicated. I was well supported by my doula; due to how fast it was, my midwife and her assistant arrived after my daughter was born. I am so glad that we both had better experiences this time. It was very challenging for me as well, but uncomplicated and I received wonderful, hands-off labor support. Congrats!