or Connect

Posts by mamadejose

She got her last molar about a month ago, and yes that called for a big increase in nursing. Now she's getting her cuspids and I know they are bothering her. Last night dad put her to sleep successfully and she woke to nurse at 12:00, 3:00, 4:00 and 6:00. I guess I can hold out until all her teeth are in. Hopefully by 18 months she will be ready to start cutting back. LoneFemale, I didn't realize that night weaning would go last, but I guess that makes sense. The...
I had this problem. My mom wanted ds to call her husband "grandpa" or "grandpa Don". That basically made me want to puke, and ds already has a grandpa that lives in town and an abuelito. I did what skibumel did. Dh and I both call him by his first name and so does ds. I think my mom was slightly disappointed, but she also knows that ds already has a grandpa and there's no way her husband can even begin to really fill that role anyway.
Well last night she wanted to nurse a lot. I could get her to suck my pinky finger instead of nursing, but could not get her to suck her own finger or thumb. It's like it just has to be me whether it is the breast or my finger. Oh well. I held her off untill about 4:00am then I went ahead and nursed her. It's just hard because she seems to wake up every couple of hours sometimes more. I'm soooo tired. I guess I'm just looking for some moral support or some stories...
My dd is 16 months old and has no intentions of weaning herself any time soon. She is very attached to nursing, and during the day I love it too. However, I am really getting tired of all the night nursing. I long for the night that we can sleep through the night, or for when she can self soothe herself back to sleep. My ds nursed but was not as attached to it and he would take a bottle at night which allowed me to get more rest even though he didn't actually sleep...
Quote: in order to do so you would have to catch that first egg, that first time you ovulate before you get your first PPAF back. I figure it took me 9 months and some fiddling with my cycles to get pg when I was ovulating and charting and all that, so even though I want to get pg, I'm still waiting for PPAF to return and I can't imagine it would be that easy - for me at least! It was for me!!!! I only breast fed ds for about 10 months and never got...
once while trying to put on his shoes, in frustration he shouted "bastards" at them. It was hard not to laugh. ds has also taken to saying "chingow" sp? basicall means f@#$ in Spanish.
see the treads on this in talk amongst yourselves or in activism for the update from the attorneys and for the address for the defense fund set up for the family.
And with mine it is internet chess. GRRRRR. He is not working and not going to school, he is supposed to be studying for a re-take of an exam in order to freaking graduate and he plays f-ing internet chess all day!! Granted he does do some light house work and makes dinner (which is the least he could do), but my biggest gripe is he continually stays up all night wasting his time in the computer and then he is too tired to help me get the kids ready for preschool while I...
Quote: but what makes her even more of a maniac is that she insists WE buy a high chair for HER. My mom is like that too. It's CRAZY! First of all don't TELL me what to get you for a gift, or when for that matter, and if it is for YOUR grandchild get it yourself!! ugggh.
You have to be pretty good at selling. I am not doing so well because I don't have a very "salesy" personality. In order to make money at CM you have to have classes at least once a week. Once you burn through your close friends and family you really have to be able get new classes from classes, meaning you have to be able to get someone at your class to commit to hosting a class and so on... The premise is that these folks will also attend your crops and become...