or Connect

Posts by Mama2 '05'06

I'd go back to the LC and insist they show you how to get the baby latched on. I'd venture to guess that some of the damage was from improper latching to begin with. At least that's what I was told with my LO. The correct latching makes a world of difference. The LC showed me to use a C shape hole with the hand on the side that I was latching the baby onto, keeping the fingers well back from the areola and compressing the breast and when the baby's mouth was really open...
I can pump one side and nurse on the other but I'm using a Medela electric pump. It was really hard at first but after some practice it got easier. I also got a slanted breastshield so I don't have to sit up so straight and lean into the pump, I can just lean back and relax. I actually find it easier to get more milk if I pump while nursing b/c I get the natural letdown on both sides. The LC told me to pump on one side and nurse on the other and then switch sides with both...
Alot of times you can get the tincture in a vegan capsule and just swallow it. I have More Milk Special Blend by Motherlove Herbal Company. If it wasn't capsules I wouldn't be able to take it either, and for the record, it *is* b/c I'm a big baby about yucky tasting things.
Why does it have to go so fast? My baby is 7 weeks old, next Saturday he'll be 2 months old. I can't believe how fast the time has gone! He's still pretty small- 8lbs 11oz, smaller than some of my friends' babies who are much younger than him! lol But he's growing up and I'm not ready for that. It makes me want to get pregnant again right now! lol Anybody else feeling this way?
Wow! He's a chubby little cutey! He makes my 8.5lb 7 week old look teeny! You did a great job even though your birth didn't go the way you'd planned. I know how hard it can be to deal with that even when you know it was for the best. I liked seeing the pics of your c-section. I had one also, under general anesthesia, but no one was there to take pictures.
"This is kind of the reason I specifically didn't tell my husband, "We have to have sex today and tomorrow, I'm in my fertile period and my cervical mucus is looking awesome. Come on, let's go! Time for you to do your duty!" I didn't want him to feel like a sperm donor. As far as he knew, I was just turned on a lot!" lol That's me too.
I'm 2.5 weeks out and feel pretty good. Sure, I'm sore but I'm on my own with 4 kids 4 and under so I'm thinking that's really good. the incision site doesn't hurt but the area about 2 inches above it hurts. Plus it itches there! The OB even said that was strange that it itched and hurt there instead of the incision site.LOL
I had my 4th baby under general antesthesia 2.5 weeks ago. Granted, it was truly an emergency, but it still doesn't quite feel real. I feel like I'm obsessed with having another baby so I can have a VBAC and experience birth 'for real'. I'd gone in b/c I hadn't felt the baby move at all for 2hrs and prior to that I'd noticed a dramatic decrease in movement. I also just knew that something was wrong. It took along time to find his hb and then the decels were alarming and...
My ds is only 10days old following and emergency c-section b/c of placental abruption from polyhydramnios so I'm not even planning to be pregnant again for at least a year-18months. But...Where do I start in my quest for a VBAC? I've had 3 uncomplicated vaginal births, this situation would be viewed as rare, I have a low transverse incision that was double sutured, the OB who did the surgery said VBAC was reccomended at this point. However, I know the hospital here has...
Yay!! Congrats!