or Connect

Posts by Mama2 '05'06

The distance thing is the biggest hold out I have. My only non-induced labor was a little more than 5 hrs from the time my water broke to the time he was born. My first was an induction and I don't think I can really count that- 21hrs and my third was induced after I failed to go into labor after PROM and was 7 hrs. All three times tho, the first 2-3 hours were pretty easy. There are hospitals along the way that we could stop at if we had to. I keep telling myself that my...
Hugs!!! I'd get checked to see what sort of UTI it is. And keep drinking lots of water to keep yourself flushed out.
Quote: Originally Posted by MamaZoZo I hope I'm not hijacking, but for cloth pads how do you make sure they don't leak through? If I made them myself could I ensure that? The reason I ask is that disposable pads have the "itchy" effect on me :P Last thing I want is to get a yeast infection while recovering from birth... *shudder* Yes, you could ensure that they're reasonably leakproof by using a layer of PUL or by backing them with...
hugs! I had the same problem. In fact I didn't even look pregnant, b/c you couldn't see my tummy until I was 7-8 months along my boobs were so big. I had a reduction back in December 08 and am so much happier with how I look! DOn't know yet what that will do for breastfeeding but it seems very possible right now. THe surgeon who did my reduction knew I wanted to breastfeed in the future and said he'd do everything possible to ensure that and said I would have a pretty...
Yep! Take in your chart and show her. I had to do that with my last baby. My pp cycles were really long and irratic. If I hadn't been charting and known when I actually O'd, I'd have been given a EDD 4 weeks earlier than I was really due.
Well, I don't have much encouragement b/c I never found anything that really helped for more than a few hours or a day or two. Chiropractic can help. I also did massage therapy. Support belts didn't help, although there was one that looked like it might- it had a belt that went around the pelvis and between your legs- seemed like it'd be a hassle and perhaps uncomfortable. Did it go away as soon as the baby was born? NO! It hung around for another month- it got less...
I've used the same OB with the last 2 babies. I've been satisfied with the care overall. I've used the same hospital all 3 times. I've not been overly satisfied with them but really can't complain that much. I guess my biggest issue was with the quality of care ds2 got when he was born at 34.5 weeks. I told dh that if/when we had another baby, I wanted to be in a hospital that had a level 3 NICU and nurses that *knew* what they were doing. I also wanted a midwife which we...
Yipes! I guess I better quit handling and smelling the marigolds my dd id always picking for me then too! I use calendula ointment on the kids for rashes or itchies and on my for the same. Baby is still ok.
That was my first symptom of pregnancy. Its still here too. I can't go up or down the steps without being so winded I have to sit and rest for a few minutes. Very weird but I had the same thing with my first.
Sounds like fun! I'd be kinda neat to include something for mom and baby in the swap yk?