or Connect

Posts by Jael

Hi KodrutZ,   Sorry to hear about your Google woes, but that may turn out to be a blessing in disguise as you might now invest more into finding your own clients. I don't really do bidding sites either. Some freelancers do very well with them, but it's just not my thing.   For you, I'd say the same advice offered above applies. Sounds like you've got good experience and understand the ropes enough to get out there on your own. Can be frustrating at first, but once you get...
Yes, I'm a freelance writer working solely from home according to my own schedule. I work for commercial businesses that hire me to write articles, blog posts, ebooks, etc.   I used to write for a number of content mills, like wiseGEEK, Quality Gal, Need-An-Article and a few others, but have since worked to build up my own list of personal clients who pay a lot more than $5, $10 or even $20 per article. The work has its pros and cons. Though I enjoy working from home...
There's an informative discussion on a WAHM thread about self-publishing that you may find interesting:   http://www.wahm.com/forum/wahms-who-write-46/562505-thinking-about-self-publishing.html
Congratulations on your new business and much success to you!   By assumed name, are you referring to a DBA ("Doing Business As")? This would make you a sole proprietor. Even with a separate tax i.d. number, I don't think that's the best way to go. Instead, I'd suggest a limited liability company (aka an LLC). As a sole proprietor, you're ultimately held accountable in any lawsuits (ya never know these days). With an LLC, you and your family's assets will be...
Before I share some options with you, I first have to tell you that I disagree with your self-assessment. If you're the one in the photo wearing black, then you are wrong. You are quite pretty! And old? Where? I expected to see a gray-haired granny, which you, my dear, are hardly. ;)   Anyway, there are a number of things you can do. I always recommend freelance writing, because it's a great way to set your own income and really get paid what you're worth. I make...
I've been pretty busy and haven't stopped by the forum for a while, but I just wrote this for another WAHM and thought someone here may benefit from it also. I'm editing out my personal details and just giving you the 411:   Many people have discovered ways of producing a part or full-time income by specializing in Search Engine Optimized (SEO) writing. If you're not familiar with it, it's essentially writing in such a way as to include keywords that people commonly...
This question has come up a few times here, so I thought a few of you might like this info: How to Make Money Blogging
Quote: Originally Posted by provocativa Thanks, I really like the site. But I'm having a spacey moment and can't seem to find the link to sign up for their newsletter. It's the pop-up that comes on when you first visit.
No, it doesn't spam you. The site and their newsletters are actually a really good resource.
No, it's not just you. I had a conversation with someone about this last week. This person blames wahms for driving prices down (for writers, anyway), but I really think it's because of overseas contractors who can afford to bid insanely low prices and still make a decent living, as well as the website owners who only want cheap content and don't care much for quality. I agree with the previous post about searching Craigslist and other sites. To me, bidding sites just...