or Connect

Posts by Just_Isabel

Quote: Originally Posted by dessie Hi I am wondering if I am allergic to milk and yeast, am I able to eat Kefir It depends on what part of the milk you may be allergic to, I think. AFAIK (but someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this), kefir (and yogurt) has less lactose than milk, because the microorganisms (yeasts) feed on it. But if your body can't handle milk protein, than you should avoid kefir and yogurt, because the proteins stay...
Quote: Originally Posted by RachelSerena Yes. For more info on psychiatric "help", you can go here and here. The second link has nothing to do with Scientology but clearly outlines psychiatric abuses from someone who has been there. ALL inorganic mental illness is caused by past traumas/periods of painful unconciousness/drugged unconciousness that a person experiences. By inorganic I mean nothing is physically wrong with your brain or nervous...
Quote: Originally Posted by RachelSerena I think it is because of the hugely outspoken stance against psychiatry, TBH. < snip > Psychiatry and the psychiatric pharma industries are something like 76-million day money making machines. They have ties spanning government and media and really really don't like Scientology, for speaking out against it, and haven't since the beginning with Dianetics. What if someone has something serious, like,...
Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan If an educated person who is putting themselves forward as an authority can't even be bothered to use academic language I have to wonder how much attention they gave their research and results. Oh, like when people give you medical advice and then use mg as milligram OR microgram? I totally agree with you. I think it is very important to use exact language in science, and if the intended audience are...
I get that. I haven't read the mercola article.
Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan Russia, then the USSR, banned them in 1976. But that is not the same as "many countries" or "in Europe" (saying that something is banned "in Europe" implies that that is the case in most, if not all, of Europe). I was hoping that My2elliots would back up her claims. Quote: Originally Posted by NatureMama3 Using the term "radiation" to scare people shows either ignorance on the...
Quote: Originally Posted by my2elliots I know americans love their microwaves but in Europe they are banned bc they know it's harmful. Microwaves are actually banned in many countries! Do you have any links to back this up? I live in Europe, in the last 1.5 years I've been in 5 different European countries, I've NEVER heard of microwaves being banned, microwaves are very, very common here: almost everyone (well, every household) has one.
Quote: Originally Posted by Smokering Have you read the Flood myths? They don't just say that 'floods happen'. The similarities are far too great and striking to be coincidental. The Creationist answer to your bolded passage is that all current races are descendants of Noah, so they would have taken the story with them as they spread across the globe. Science stands or falls on philosophy. If I'm ignoring or rejecting evidence, that is because...
Quote: Originally Posted by Equuskia Quote: Originally Posted by Stevi Ummm, I'd like to say two things. #1. I'll play Gods Advocate first. The Christian God did NOT write the bible, it was compiled from writings by numerous authors, so why do Christians insist on calling the text therein God's Words? #2. Do Creationists still teach their children that girls have one more rib than boys? As a teen I met 3 little boys who insisted...
Quote: Originally Posted by Smokering Fair enough. But because I'm lazy, I'll link you to my husband's blog, he wrote a wee series called 'On Science' which explains things rather more fluently than I can: http://bnonn.blogspot.com/2007/10/on...ef-versus.html It gets a bit ranty, so don't read it if you're easily offended, but Parts 3 and 4 in particular demonstrate the logical fallacies of the scientific...