or Connect

Posts by babelsgp

Bettyjones one day my eldest sprayed her sister with perfume in the face. We were at my mother's. I don't own spray perfume and I don't think my eldest meant to spray her in the face. But, my mother reacted by telling my eldest," I don't want you around me right now, I don't like being around mean people." And for a long time that day she wouldn't be around her, and repeated the phrase. This was a bit much for me, because I really didn't think it was on purpose, so I threw...
I have bigger kids now, and many of you are talking about very little kids. Around here, time-outs weren't useful in fact they seemed to distract away from the message we wanted to convey. First, I like to watch the kids and see what is going on, sometimes a hit occurs because someone has taken a toy, I can prevent a hit by watching and preventing the toy from being taken, I can make sure sharing is happening. (I was very near and involved during toddlerhood) If hitting,...
We are going to be birthing in a birth center, and our two daughters 4 & 6 want to be there. So rather than getting a sitter, I thought hiring a student doula would be fitting, to get a birth counted toward completion, as well as providing us with a "sitter." My mother should also be joining us, she doesn't handle my labor well and I don't want her freaking the girls out, so we are not giving her responsibility of the girls. But since things work out as they do, I don't...
Thank you for all of the replies. Labor is so individual, but hearing the differences is pretty neat. Back labor is hard, I had it with my second and my doc/midwife (I don't remember which she is, there were both in the group) basically told me that had I not had the epidural neither one of us (me & babe) would have relaxed enough for her to move into position.
I got epidurals with both of my pregnancies, in both I got to 9cm and then decided to get an epidural. This time I may be birthing at a birth center. I want to know if there is anyone out there who has done both the epidural and natural and which they preferred and why.
Does anyone know if they have a weigh-off in MD/DE/southern PA for giant pumpkins?
That's best for us too. I'll PM you my number.
I'd be interested in joining you. We live in Chesapeake Isle, but plan on going to Upper Chesapeake unless I grow a pair and decide to do this at home! (so the drive is just something we are planning anyway)
This has several: http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/tipFirstBDay.htm
OK so I am so excited I thought I would share. My kids are 3 and 5, very very picky, like soup, hate mine, BUT NOT this time! WOOOHHOOOO   1/2 onion 2-3 cloves garlic small can V-8 can kidney beans 2 carrots 1 celery stalk small amount of spinach (about 1" cut off the end of a frozen spinach block) 2tsp Italian seasonings (Spice Islands - oregano, marjoram, savory, thyme, basil, rosemary, sage), add more to taste I didn't measure 2 bay leaves small...