or Connect

Posts by Sagesgirl

Newp, you're not the only one. This was my status Tuesday: Quote: For the record: I wear a size 18. I believe "real" women DO come in a size 0. And a size 30. And every single size in between. I have always hated to be judged based upon my dress size; far be it from me to do the same to another woman. Bodacious curves or boyishly shaped, REAL women do indeed come in all shapes. Of course, two days before that, it was: Quote: Every time...
It's not something you have to have. Yes there are some conditions that would make birthing in a hospital the better choice and others that would rule out a VBAC, but in all honesty those are quite rare. I only had the anatomy scan with my first child, not the second or third, and I do not plan it with this child either. My first two daughters were footling breeches, and while some folks will birth them vaginally, there was no way I was letting the people at the Navy...
Anterior placenta? That seems to typically be the explanation for stories like this. It will block to some extent your ability to feel the baby's movement, and sometimes make it difficult to find the heartbeat on doppler.
Yep, same here. I've been sick the last few days, though, so it's worse than normal. I slept a total of 12 hours yesterday, including a four-hour nap. I am typically about ready to fall over & start snoring around noon too--which is great, because it's just in time for my Pscyh class! (Thank goodness finals are this week.)
Quote: Originally Posted by zinemama Oh, my goodness. Don't ask for family input! Keep the whole name thing strictly to yourselves, if you want any peace. Even after you've decided, don't tell a soul until the kid is born. They can't make a fuss when it's a done deal without looking like awful people. See, Facebook got me. I thought about blocking his relatives from the note, but then decided that would be kind of mean (and pointless, since he...
Quote: Originally Posted by Monarchgrrl Sorry, I didn't mean memory games/questions, I meant they asked questions like "Do you have trouble concentrating?", "Are you more forgetful than you were 3 years ago?" "Do you find it hard to answer simple questions that you used to know?" Stuff like that. Yeah, and I remember from my intro Psych class that surveys (especially retrospective ones where they ask what you were doing X amount of time ago) are...
That's great! I was prescribed Phenergan in my first pregnancy and it worked, but it put me to sleep, so ever since I have toughed it out.
Last name is two syllables, starts with an O, and is very obviously German. (It's, seriously, the most ethnically German-sounding name I have come across since my father's, which was Geissler. ) Bobbie is her full name. Mirabeau is probably too outlandish, though goodness knows I love it. (I'm a TX history geek, what can I say? And DH went to Lamar U.) I keep telling myself it's better than Austin or Travis. I know Audie especially sounds like a nickname, but...
OK, we decided against using DH's name because much as I love him it's too blessed common, even now. We're set on the girl's name: Marie-Honor Evangeline. I am starting to think this will be a boy, because my experience has been that I have the gender I can't think of a name for, LOL. I'm insanely picky about names. I want names that everyone recognizes but not everyone has. (My middle daughter's name is the best example of that--it was incredibly common 50 years...
The principle you should be standing up for here is to make the best and safest decision for you and your baby-to-be (and, to a lesser extent, your already-here children). I sense this is what you want to do, but for some reason you find yourself too married to the "I must birth at home" thing. Let it go. Childbirth should be a matter of doing your best. Usually that involves home birth. But not always. It sounds like you have really good, legitimate reasons to opt...