or Connect

Posts by Sagesgirl

Quote: Originally Posted by DeChRi We found out we are having our third girl. My DH is a pretty manly man...big outdoorsman, played semi-pro ball and is total jock....everyone that knows us assumes he is just trying over and over for a boy, which irritates me to No End. SO when people ask, and I say...we are having girl #3! and they kind of give a sad "awwwww", like bummer....I usually either go with "we are so stoked...were really hoping it was a...
Quote: Originally Posted by fancyoats you are beautiful, sabra!! just a beautiful shape!! here is me, pregnant with my first at 36-7ish weeks when i had just hacked off all my hair: http://www.flickr.com/photos/25755711@N00/4516022283/ How cute! I never looked pregnant with my first.
I have been wondering about that myself. I've felt a couple of little flutters and part of me thinks My goodness, that's the baby! and the the other part of me thinks Sabra, don't be silly. The baby's the size of a kumquat, how could you possibly feel it? I'm not willing to come down on the side of "I'm feeling movement" yet, but it sure has seemed that way.
Fancyoats, this is my favorite of the pictures I took last time: http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6...s%20belly1.JPG Mind you, it wasn't until I was 32 weeks along with my third child that I looked pregnant to strangers. With Esther, my bellybutton popped about halfway out, and it just tickles me that you can actually see it in that picture.
Quote: Originally Posted by SeattleRain I can't speak to stories about induction or ultrasounds or whatever since I'm pregnant with my first, but 20 weeks seems to be WAY to early to start talking about induction. I'd mention to him at the next appointment that you'd really like to avoid induction and that its not really something you'd like to even consider until at least 38 weeks. I don't even see how he can suggest something like induction without...
I weighed...hmm, probably about 215 when I got pregnant. No clue what I weigh now. I choose not to worry about weight gain or what I eat (I have HG, so whatever I can eat, I do eat!). I've gained anywhere from 10 (net) to 35 pounds over my three successful pregnancies. I have had two c-sections, but they had nothing to do with my weight; they had to do with two footling breech presentations. There's no reason to assume being overweight will lead to a c-section, and...
You don't need stories of successful vaginal birth of big babies--you've done it. The chances of you suddenly having a humongous baby after five babies all in the same general weight range are pretty darned slim. I think you're absolutely right to be reconsidering this man as a healthcare provider. I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't know when I say that ultrasound predictions of a baby's size are notoriously faulty--especially at the extremes. By all...
Oh yeah, I'm there. I think ideally I'd eat something every. single. hour. And not necessarily something little, either. Of course, on school days I just can't do this, you know? And even when I do eat, it means only a lessening in the nausea. Given my last (full) pregnancy, I have no confidence it's gonna end 'til the pregnancy does...
So, ah, did she actually say anything? Or do anything? Because, quite honestly, what you're describing sounds a lot more to me like your feelings, not anything the nurse actually did.
The plural of anecdote isn't data. My issue with early-and-often ultrasounds isn't worry over possible damage done by the ultrasound per se, it's other less-tangible issues. It's the increased worry when things aren't exactly as the mother (or the care provider) thinks they should be. Moreover, to me it is a very strong hint that the care provider is going to be much more medicalized and hands-on than I, personally, want. An insistence on an early "dating" ultrasound...