or Connect

Posts by Sagesgirl

I'm sorry you are going through this. In regards to going in to the hospital or not...I'm going to agree with Nic here. Go in if you think there is a problem. Otherwise, stay home. When I miscarried the pregnancy before this one, I went in, and to be honest they did not do a whole hell of a lot for me, and in many ways the experience was dehumanizing. Bleeding copiously on the floor of the emergency room, surprisingly, does not get you seen any quicker (and sitting...
Quote: Originally Posted by Eresh It seems odd that your OB is so sure you don't have a big baby when she hasn't measured your fundus. I thought everyone measured fundal height since that can be indicator of so many things such as IUGR. And this focus on weight rather than on nutrition doesn't sound healthy. Good luck with your next appointment. I find it more than a little odd that apparently no obstetrician, in three pregnancies, has...
Quote: Originally Posted by weliveintheforest I also would have skipped the favors, since we forgot to hand them out anyway. I've gotta be honest, I don't get favors. I don't go to a wedding wanting to take something home with me. Maybe I'm weird like that. The ones at my brother's first wedding, coincidentally, were also the exact same thing we had at my senior prom (Hershey's Kisses wrapped in cellophane to make "roses"). That probably...
My ex is Robert. My current is Erik. The funny thing is, both guys have a best friend with the same name (though in the more recent case the other fellow is Eric).
I am getting married Wednesday. It will be myself, my fiance, and the JP (well, and a butt-ton of feral cats and whoever is having a late lunch ) at Beason's Park in Columbus, Texas. We are going to walk down to the banks of the Colorado River and do it. I will be wearing a red off-the-rack dress and gold ballet slippers (flats, in other words), and DF will be wearing jeans and a pearl-snap shirt. We have made a conscious effort to strip it down to the bare...
My youngest will be five when this one is born, providing it doesn't come early (I don't expect it to, of course, but the middle daughter did). It's going to be one of a series of adjustments for the girls, but they are all very excited about it. It's nice, in its way. They all know what is going on, and even the youngest will come in and talk to my belly and kiss it.
Crystal, I see your point with using pacifiers to shut babies up instead of paying attention to them. I've called them plugs for years because of precisely that. I've seen far too many parents simply shove a paci in their kid's mouth when it started to cry instead of seeing what was going on. That said, two of my three took pacifiers for a very short amount of time. No more than three weeks. I was in the hospital with my middle daughter and called my then-husband in...
All I can pass on is the old advice that every pregnancy is different. I'm just barely nursing my four-year-old, and have realized that the morning sickness this time around (fifth pregnancy) is almost exactly following the pattern of morning sickness with my first child--the other three pregnancies were all different. Nursing or not, I've always had incredibly bad morning sickness.
Well, knitting or crochet? And what did the swirling pattern look like? A top-down pattern with increases that make a swirling pattern isn't exactly rare--I've even made one. (Dunno if I posted it online or not, though.) You can make a very simple top-down hat with a swirling pattern on it just by having your increases be (in knitting) yarn-overs or (in crochet) chain-1s. So where you'd either knit into the front & back of a stitch or double-crochet (or single or...
Quote: Originally Posted by naturelady I ovulated on CD 26! So perhaps a girl? We'll see! To think in about 15 weeks..we will all be finding out the sex! I am overly excited about this pregnancy. (as it's my first) Curious to see if this theory proves correct! We won't all be finding out the sex.