or Connect

Posts by Sagesgirl

I'm going to cloth diaper for the first time with this one. Wish me luck, LOL. We will be using prefolds & covers--anything else is simply cost prohibitive. Here's a question--does anyone know a good brick & mortar store where I can get diaper covers? Wal-Mart doesn't seem to carry them anymore. I'm busily crocheting soakers, but I'd like to have options.
Well, I got mine insanely early this time around, but when I was pregnant with my first daughter I didn't get a BFP 'til I was six weeks along--and I had tested at 4 weeks along and gotten a BFN. So there's always hope.
Quote: Originally Posted by bendmom No, not "lucky you". Just, at least he's honest. Sometimes honesty hurts more than just keeping it inside and not saying anything at all. Which is exactly why he should have kept it inside and said nothing at all. Seriously, what did he gain here? What benefit is there to anyone in this relationship by saying something like that? All he has done is damaged the OP and probably also their relationship. He...
I'm glad the spotting stopped. I had spotting in 3 out of 4 pregnancies. Only once was it a miscarriage.
Quote: Originally Posted by mosesface i am always so shocked by these shower threads. i realize that "manners" are regional/cultural/generational and there is a wide spread of what's right and wrong. in my region/culture/generation, it is profoundly rude to NOT purchase off the registry (if you plan to give a gift, going giftless to a shower is fine) unless your gift is handmade or some other kind of special, unregisterable item. No one...
Quote: Originally Posted by Hannah32 Ah now I am reconnecting with the reasons why I never liked the ideas of showers anyway. Am actually registering today. I think I will now think of it as my shopping list for the baby, not anyone elses. Showers and registries are obviously a loaded subject for many. That's the only reason I ever registered (which the ex & I did with the first baby). To use it as a shopping list. I don't think I even told...
Quote: Originally Posted by MiaMama If this is the case, then it seems that showers and especially registries are inherently rude. Well, yeah, pretty much. Registries especially, but throwing any party whose very purpose is for people to give you stuff? And where people really aren't (occasional protestations aside) welcome if they don't bring a present? Yeah, rude. "You can come, but you have to give me something" isn't nice, no matter how...
Ah, it will all even out in the end. Just remind yourself that newborns don't need too much. As CorasMama said, don't let it derail you. You may have to have a longer-than-planned separation, but that doesn't mean you don't have a way out.
There's a huge difference between honesty and cruelty. Quite honestly, I expect my fiancé to find me sexy at any given point in life, just like I do him. We would have a big problem if he said something like that to me. I can't help but think a man who has an issue with my pregnant body would also have an issue with my postpartum body. A woman's body after she has had children simply isn't the same as it is before. A conversation like the one described in the OP...
I got the flip version of that constantly when I was pregnant with my third. And even now I'll occasionally get "You should have try again so you can have a boy!" Just totally randomly, from strangers--though not nearly as often now that I'm a single mama. I think my least-favorite version of that was "You need to have a boy so your husband can have someone named after him!" Yeah...no. My oldest girl is named after her daddy. That is enough, random stranger.