or Connect

Posts by jenP

That is awesome. He is so thorough, yet concise, and his manner is so calm and engaging. He should get a Nobel award.
I know a man in his mid-twenties, intact. He said that when he was growing up, EVERY TIME he went to the pediatrician, be it for routine vaccinations, pinkeye treatment, school physical, etc. - never for anything penis related because he never had a problem with his penis - the doctor would tell his mother how he HAD to be circumcised for one reason or another. She ignored the doctor. My friend NEVER has had a problem with his intact penis and in fact he and his wife...
I can understand the desire to "pick one's battles." I would think that one battle worth picking would be to protect my helpless infant son from guaranteed pain and lifelong harm and the risk of even more serious complications and even death. ...And the reason the father gives for wanting it done is that he "would feel uncomfortable." Well, buddy, better that you, a grown man, "feel uncomfortable" than that your son experience excruciating pain during the procedure,...
I once heard a circumcised man give this as a "reason" he was "so glad" to have been circumcised at birth: "I'm so glad I don't have to mess around pulling that back every time I pee!" ....as we see from this thread, retracting to pee is not a requirement, and even for those who choose to, I'm guessing it is not such a terrible chore that they would be willing to give up the foreskin to avoid it!"
  This was driving me crazy with curiousity! I was thinking, for instance, apples - they don't have to be refrigerated. If they have been in the fridge, I can take them out and put them on the counter, no problem. Why would eggs, which don't have to be refrigerated in the first place, have to be KEPT refrigerated if they HAD been?...so I googled around and found an answer that makes pretty good logical sense: "After eggs are refrigerated, they need to stay that way. A...
  you probably don't have to keep them refrigerated.  
"seeing how far it will go" IS retracting it. (She must be one of those who think it is only "retracting" if it is pushed back the whole way behind the glans. Which is not accurate!) As PP's said, there is no reason to "check how far it will go".....except to start the badgering and pushing for circumcision... as in, "hmmm, it should be moving farther by his age... if it is still "tight" by X age, we're going to have to circumcise...." (which of course is a huge...
Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry I didn't make myself very clear! That is not at all what I meant, nor is it remotely what I do in real life! Absolutely it is most important to show interest in the other person, talk about them, and ask questions about them. That was the first thing my mama taught me! I know my post was a little bit long - I do tend to run on once I get typing! - but I believe I did point out that the first thing I do is show an interest in the other person,...
This. My MIL happily takes the coupons from our Sunday paper. She looks at me incredulously: "You mean you don't use coupons??? Why wouldn't you want to save money??" So I diligently look through the whole booklet. And once again, nope, not a single thing there that I would eat, even if it was free! Our co-op does have coupons for real food. And there is a wonderful woman who works the check-out there who will tear out coupons from the booklet if I'm checking out with an...
The standards for "scientifically proven" sure are getting loose.