or Connect

Posts by jenP

This reminds me of the movie "Cut." In it, there is an OB who performs circumcisions both as on OB and as a Mohelet. When she is being interviewed, she explains that the babies cry because of being exposed to cold when their clothes are removed and because of being held down. Later in the show, they show her performing a circumcision. The baby does not cry or fuss AT ALL as he is laid down on his back on a table. He does not cry or fuss AT ALL when his bottom clothes and...
I would truly love to see video of the babies sleeping peacefully from start to finish of the procedure (i.e. they just peacefully drift off to sleep, without screaming for a while first.) I would also love to see EEG/EKG evidence that the "sleep" they experience is identical to normal infant sleep - that their brainwaves, heart rate, etc. are not any different from a healthy, unstressed baby sleeping in its mother's arms.  
You say your husband is all for it because of "tradition" and it's just "what's done." Yet, the only arguments he will consider on the other side are medical arguments. That right there shows that he is not coming at this from a place of logic. He only wants to validate his own circumcision - to believe that it didn't hurt him ("no big deal") and that it has helped him to fit into family and society ("an important tradition!"), and that it has had NO effect on him...
I'm having trouble understanding why the doctor thought that the development of a bacterial ear infection secondary to a virus has anything to do with vaccines or lack thereof? I can totally understand the diagnosis of a bacterial ear infection based on symptoms and when they started relative to when the cold started, and I can understand recommending antibiotics as treatment (although certainly there are alternative ways to treat bacterial ear infections), but I just...
Thanks for the ideas! Good homemade bone broth is a good place to start very healthy and immune-boosting. But I'm also looking for ways to get in a lot of protein and calories. Also, due to the severe, stinging pain in his mouth, garlic, ginger, onions, and just about any spice are out; also no yogurt, tomatoes - nothing tangy. And then sometimes random things that you wouldn't think would be a problem, will cause pain and stinging. It's tough! I do appreciate the...
I have a family member with lichen planus, a very painful mouth condition that has made eating nearly impossible, so he has been using Ensure. WHile it IS calories and thus will ward off starvation, I worry because it is really so unhealthy (it's basically sugar water with a low-quality vitamin pill added, and some isolated soy and milk protein, and artificial colors and flavors...) Any advice for homemade, whole food liquid nutrition supplements? Something that would...
Same here. In fact, my DH talks about his sexual anatomy, what was done to him, and how he and I feel about it, both online and in person to anyone and everyone. So it is hardly a problem for me to mention here that I feel bad that he was violated as a child, and that the amputation has impacted our sex life now that we are in middle age.
Heck, yeah, I would go to All Good by myself, if I was free and someone was watching the kiddos! After all, it's a festival! -  not like heading out to a remote wilderness and camping all by yourself.
Three chord songs!  Ya gotta love them! Any more than that, and I have to choose between singing decently or playing the song decently LOL The Long Black Veil: http://theband.hiof.no/lyrics/long_black_veil.html Catfish John: http://www.allcountrytabs.com/tabs/garcia-jerry/catfish-john-9568.html (for some reason this doesn't have all the words...next link has the same song in a different key and has all the words. But I like the way it sounds in the first one.)...
15 months is just when both of my kids had roseola. three days of a fever with no other symptoms...going crazy trying to figure out WHY she had a fever...then the fever went away, and the rash came on. It's one of those viruses where you don't know what it is until it's over, LOL! Anytime I've ever called the pediatrician when one of my kids has a fever for which I can't figure out the cause, they have NEVER jumped to the conclusion that it was a UTI, in the absence of...