or Connect

Posts by jenP

I'm getting a wooden high chair and wondered if any of you know where to get a really cute high chair seat cober? Thanks! Jen
[She was in the 10th percentile at nine months, so it was off to the nutritionist. I don't think those weight charts are all bad; ask anyone whose baby was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis or milk or soy allergies or any of the other medical reasons babies sometimes don't gain weight I don't know... what's wrong with being in the 10th percentile?? SOMEBODY has to be there, it's the nature of a bell curve! I think a true problem can be picked up on by looking at the...
Quote: Originally posted by mamapajama Oh right, I forgot that He is 29 inches and 18 pounds 11 ounces Hah, you call that skinny? DD is 28 inches and not even 16 pounds! So I know all about the crap you must be getting from the in-laws and ped. Talked to my LLL leader and she said it's common for BF babies to "fall off the chart" when they start getting active. The WHO is working on new charts from a wider sampling of ethnicities and bf...
One year pp and I'm finally back to pre-preg weight, but my shape has just changed and I don't care for it. My boobs are bigger but they're long and flat! My feet are bigger! My waist is thicker! And the spider veins...I used to really like my shape, even though I was overweight I had an hourglass shape. Now my shape just seems... awkward. What finally took off the weight was cutting out sugar completely. I 'm not even counting calories or watching fat... just no sugar...
Yes! We are going to sort through everything as ruthlessly as possible and have a huge yard sale this summer. The 'rents and IL's keep telling us we need a bigger house, but that would only be a temporary solution as we would soon have it filled up too. We just have to get rid of some STUFF! Isn't there some quote about your possessions owning you? Jen
I've been ec'ing dd since 6 months and now she's almost one year. I've never been so efficient that we went diaperless, but I caught a lot of pees and poos. It's so much easier to wipe her bum after a poo in the potty, when it isn't all squished onto her like in a diaper! Anyway, she's just started being totally totally mobile, and move is all she wants to do. Diaper changes, clothes changes, and stopping to sit on the potty are not things she has any patience for! I mean,...
Wow, Delia isn't even one yet and I think she is officially a toddler. I don't think I was prepared for this! She just started really walking w/o holding onto anything (yay!), and all of a sudden she's doing all this stuff that makes me call her a toddler. Fighting sleep BAD... naptime and bedtime are so hard now... baths are like torture to her, and we used to have so much fun playing in the tub... clothes changes and diaper changes are hard... when I wipe her bum you'd...
So now that DD can get right out of bed and walk around... We've had our mattress on the floor for a while now and she can safely climb out of it without getting hurt, and the bedroom is babyproofed, so if she's napping and I get up and leave her in the bedroom alone at home she is fine. But what to do if we're visiting? We were at in-laws at Easter and I put her down on the floor on a blanket, but she was just barely learning to crawl then and I figured I would hear her...
Please tell me you're sending that to Parents! I read their horrible "ABC's of Sleep" article and was trying to come up with a letter to send them. You wrote what I wish I could! They also had an article a few months ago that advised leaving your baby in the hospital nursery so you won' thave to "hear and interpret all their cries"! Luckily someone wrote in to enlighten them on that one. I read it in a stack of back issues my aunt sent down to me. No thanks, Aunt J! Jen
I always thought if I had twin girls I'd name them Henna and Amaranth (of course then they would spend the rest of their lives explaining to people that it's Henna, not Hannah, and Ama, not Anna.) But I didn't have twins, and my one girl just didn't fit either name. And my husband didn't like either name, either. So she's Delia, a little old fashioned but not really unusual. Jen