or Connect

Posts by jenP

That put it all really well! I mean, sure the poor guy is hurting and defensive, but that doesn't excuse berating and belittling you and your son. However, I wouldn't leave him over it IF he is willing to work on working through his issues and treating you and your son as he should. IF he doesn't do that needed work and improvement, then I'd consider ending the relationship, if he keeps on treating you and your children so poorly and shows no interest in...
anyone know how long to expect for getting tickets from GDTS mail order? -I sent in my FUrthur mail order a month ago, just before the deadline... and still nothing. Oh well, I guess I shouldn't worry because although I have not yet gotten tickets, I also have not yet gotten a rejection and my money order returned! So I guess they just haven't sent them out yet. I just can't help being on pins and needles!! So excited!
Hello fellow crafty mamas - Last Halloween, I saw the loveliest green pleather with a snakeskin/alligator skin pattern to it at JoAnn fabric.  I didn't buy it at the time because I had no use for it, but I thought it was pretty. I noticed it was still there all through the Christmas season when I shopped. NOW I have thought of a costume I want to make for a fairy festival and for Anthrocon, and that would be the PERFECT fabric for parts of it. So I went to JoAnn's to...
Quote: Originally Posted by swd12422 I dunno.... Personally, I'd rather keep all my body parts and have the best sex life I can have all my life, and then die from an infection or from anesthesia when I'm 80 rather than have my genitals cut against my will as a newborn and go through life mutilated. But that's just me. !!!!! Quote: Originally Posted by swd12422 If a grown man needs general anesthesia for the procedure b/c...
Quote: Originally Posted by A&A Using that friend's logic, she'd cut off her dd's breast tissue so they don't get breast cancer. and her son's. Men are more likely to get breast cancer than penis cancer, after all.
Quote: Originally Posted by Crunchy Frog You make decisions for them that you have to make now. You have to eat when you're pregnant. You have to feed your babies something. These things have to be done now and have an immediate bearing on your child's health. This. All of the other arguments are very good, but this one really focuses on specifically what is wrong with your friend's comparison. We make decisions that affect our children's...
Quote: Originally Posted by GoBecGo That is messed up! Baby pi pi (baby wee wee in Ireland ) does EXACTLY what baby boys do. You take his nappy off and he pees on you. Actually, my son never ever peed on me. I was really expecting it because everyone says that's what boys do, but... nothing. My mom said my brother never peed on her either. But anyway, back to the dolls... I really don't have a problem with the dolls that have no genitals...
HeartandHands, I just wanted to offer hugs and support. What a tough time to be going through. I wish you luck with educating this team, hopefully DOC can help, or perhaps finding a different team. Whatever works to get your son proper care. I wanted to address that study on UTI's. I think someone already posted a link to the DOC website which points out the flaws in the study. I wanted to add that, this badly flawed study is the best that the pro-circ people can come up...
Quote: Originally Posted by doubledutch this is extremely judgmental of people who keep a clean house. are they placing housework above family? really? i know some fantastic parents with messy homes, and fantastic parents with freakishly clean homes. personally, i'm messy by nature, but working very hard at keeping a neat and clean house. i feel better, and my kids feel much better, when it's clean. lower stress, sleep better, play better, can find...