or Connect

Posts by mahinas_mommy

I love this thread! :
I'm doing it too! I'm on week 4, and feeling good about starting week 5 next week. I have to admit I am a little nervous about that 20 minute run, but I *know* I can do it. Running makes me feel strong. I love it!
Nodding my head over here... So far, I've not made my DD vegan yet, so we'll see what comments I get when/if I do that. Part of the reason I haven't is laziness because she eats one meal a day at daycare, and part of it is that I'm vegan because my body doesn't do well digesting animal products. She does fine with it. I would like her to not eat meat, though, and I don't serve any animal products at home. Her dad really does not want me to turn her into a vegetarian. I...
My DD will be 5 in October, and she still takes a solid 2 hour nap every day if given the opportunity. She is so much happier when she gets that extra rest!
This is SO yummy! I put in a pita with some tomato and sprouts...delish!!!
I'm glad you guys are mentioning the evils of fast food right now. I needed the extra kick in the pants. Sometimes (not often) we will swing through a drive-through if we're in a hurry, but I know it's not good for either of us to be eating that garbage. I forgot about the fries being soaked in beef grease. BARF!! Last night, I took the time to pack our dinner instead of getting fast food, and it was SO delish! (I made that fake tuna salad thing using chickpeas, and put...
: Just checking in quickly. Life is crazy right now mostly because of work, but hopefully things will get less crazy soon! Loving the local farmer's markets...it's so easy to be vegan during this time of year!! Hope you all are doing well. I am off to catch up on this thread and others.
Thanks for bumping this thread. I've found a lot of good info here too. Plus it's so nice to chat with other ladies who are living this lifestyle, you know?
Thank you to everyone for posting these blogs! I'm trying to make the switch from vegetarian to vegan and I'm trying to get all the ideas I can!
Subbing, because I have a lot of the same questions...